Chapter 14 ~ Oh-Oh!

HERE YOU GO GUYS! :D ENJOY THE NEXT CHAPTER:D

VOTE & COMMENT MY STORY, and LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINIONS!! I'D REALLY LOVE TO HEAR YOU GUYS!

LOVE YOU ALL!! MUAHHH!

~~~~~~

There were just few things that could be considered certain in life. And Elena had always believed and heard that having a mate would bring you stability, happiness and peace. And with all the package, also the best sleep ever.

Well, this was all wrong!

Since she met her mate, Elena felt very unstable, moody, with butterflies and other insects eating her alive.

And totally restless. It was a record if she managed to fall asleep for few hours.

That morning, on her way for breakfast, she felt like living inside "The Walking Dead".

"Morning my favourite daughter!" Her mum came from behind, squeezing her out. "Mum! I'm your only daughter!" Elena squealed but returned the hug.

Her mum and dad had Elena when they were respectively 16 and 17. So the age gap made them almost like a bigger, sometimes cool sometimes annoying, brother and sister. Elena still remembered the stories of her mother crying while studying for college, changing her diapers and doing her Luna duty. And she was a human!

There were also distant memories of her dad on conference video calls with all the alphas, while feeding a grumpy Elena that ended up throwing all over his suits because he didn't cook the food well enough and she got sick. He was so sad and regretful; Luna Elisa almost didn't yell at him for it. Almost.

"Do you have time to help me with some refugees' issues after school?" Her mother asked her. They were walking toward the kitchen, with one arm on each other shoulder.

"What's the matter?" Elena asked back, frowning. The majority of the refugees were widows and single mothers with their children. None of them wanted to return Lord Skull pack, for obvious reasons. "As Luna and Alpha's daughter, we need to make sure they feel comfortable. Also, we must study a plan to assign them new homes and integrate them into the pack." Luna Elisa explained while Elena was grabbing some ingredients to make herself a granola fruit bowl. She loved maintaining healthy habits. Not that was easy, especially with Rex and Giulia that were junk food's processors.

"Ladies!" Speaking of the devil.

"Good Morning Rexilio." Luna Elisa called him with his real name and Elena almost fell from the chair because of laughing too hard. Rex hated that name, but her mother was never addressing anyone by nicknames. She was convinced that your name identified yourself, your personality and the magical connections with your past. So, you should be wearing it with pride. Rex wasn't sharing that mystical opinion at all, as Rexilio was the name of an old uncle he never met that was killed by a badger in unfortunate circumstances.

"Morning Luna..." He muttered with a pout. "My mum was just informing us about our afternoon duties!" Elena winked at him, still giggling. When it was possible, she always dragged Rex with her.

"My morning definitely didn't start well hey." Rex grumbled in between pancakes. "Did you say something, Rexilio dear?" My mother questioned him with fake innocence.

"Morning everyone!" Giulia came in, like a Hollywood star. Her aura of sadness had slightly faded today.

"Giu, today refugees' duties. You are in too." Rex grinned, trying to drag her as well.

"Oh but I already arranged with Cruci to visit Marco!" She pouted with her baby eyes. "Of course Giulia! You must go!" Luna Elisa cooed, hugging her.