Chapter 8 ~ Speak of the Devil - Part 2

Could that (above) be Mirko? ;)

Don't forget to vote loves :*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pull she felt toward this stranger made her breathless. Elena couldn't stop staring at the dark God over there.

His facial features were perfectly balanced and masculine, with a strong square jaw, beautiful nose slightly crooked on one side, like a fighter's, and a lazy mess of raven hair that kissed his face in a way that made Elena want to reach out and stroke it. And his eyes... their colour was unbelievable. It appeared as if a piece of the sky had been trapped in them.

When Rex dropped her, she barely realised it and had to grab the door handle to prevent from landing on the floor.

"Mate mate mateee!" Her wolf was howling like crazy, her heart beating erratically. "Go to mate! Go to mate!"

Elena felt overwhelmed.

She wanted to run to him but her feet wouldn't budge, as if stuck in cement. The word mate made sense now. And so the stories she had heard all her life: on how mates made you feel, turning your world upside down, on how her parents couldn't separate from each other for more than a couple of hours, on how you feel complete.

She couldn't stop absorbing his presence, his facial and physical details. My god, he was so tall and huge, his arms looked like tree's trunks and shoulders so broad, like the wardrobe back in her room.

He made Rex look like a sardine, and Rex had always been one of the biggest guys she had ever seen. Elena wondered, in her dreamy state, who he could be. And why was he talking to Black Devil Gamma? And why didn't he detect her?

When a puff of air ruffled her hair and her heated face, she knew why. The vents of the gym blew the air in her direction, so he probably hadn't noticed her scent... yet.

As soon as she thought that, he immediately stopped talking. It was quite funny to watch: his mouth still parted because he was about to say something, his eyes first dilated and then his brows furrowed, while his huge posture stiffened. His head turned, searching, distracted by something...

From the corner of her eyes, Elena noticed Gamma Rolando staring at him with a puzzled and funny look... why was he talking to her mate anyway? Was he another teacher with whom Elena didn't have classes? But he seemed too young to be a professor... so who was he?!

When her gorgeous mate scanned the crowded room, sniffing the air a couple of times, his eyes flashed a dark shade of blue. Elena gnawed on the inside of her lip. Millions of butterflies exploded inside her, while Titilas was jumping inside her head chanting the word mate. He must have caught her scent by now, his sense of smell was impressive.

And then, after another second of searching, he looked in her direction and saw her.

Their eyes locked instantly.

They weren't very near, Elena at the entrance of the hall, just about to leave, opposite to where he was standing, at the main entrance.

But the distance didn't matter, and the entire world vanished... there were only the two of them, staring at each other in their private, magical bubble.

The mix of reactions that passed through his face was like a carousel of emotions: confusion, recognition, surprise and then pure shock. His mouth parted and his eyes almost black, he couldn't believe his mate was there staring at him, staring at Black Alpha...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes earlier