Chapter 11 ~ New Reality

The dense atmosphere within the Full Moon packhouse was palpable

The community was on edge, cracks forming in its strong pack unity. The fight for life against death had created a solemn sense of uncertainty and constant agony inside each member's heart.

Elena, Rex and Giulia were recovering in the infirmary of the Full Moon Hospital, all in the same room. Each silent, lost in their private world of thoughts. Each with broken ribs, perforations, and constellations of deep scratches. Minor wounds in comparison to what Marco sustained... If there was still a Marco.

In that particular moment, Alpha Giacomo and his Beta were at the infamous Black Devil pack, where their beloved Marco was under intensive therapy and medically induced coma. Still miraculously alive. At least, those were the latest news, just from that morning. According to the doctors and the several specialists, the chances of his survival were tiny. But hope was always the last to die.

Crucifero was not at his mate's side. Not even when they had operated on his mocked hand or stitching several of his lower body injuries. And he was not the one who donated the precious blood his mate needed, despite having the same blood type. Elena, outrageous at first, immediately felt guilty after hearing what had really happened to the Black Devil's Beta.

The Black Devil Alpha ~ Elena still had issues believing of this Alpha and her fated mate as one and the same ~ had to chain his own Beta down. And very far away from their pack hospital, where he couldn't sniff Marco's scent. Keeping you far away from your dying mate may seem inhumane to some; however, it was solely for practical and safe reasons. The doctors were unable to complete their duties with a ferocious werewolf, a ticking time bomb ready to explode. It kept everyone inside the hospital and its surroundings safe from his blind fury.

When Crucifero arrived at the school and saw Marco torn to shreds, he would have lost his mind if it weren't for a weak breath coming from Marco. Crucifero and Gamma Rolando brought him to the emergency room at Black Devil, moving mountains and oceans to make sure all the best surgeons and medical specialists took care of Marco's needs.

Elena was heartbroken for Crucifero. She could not fathom how she would feel if her mate had been taken away so brutally by the destiny itself. Destiny, that had created a mate for you in the first place.

As for Alpha Ciro, he was kept alive in the Black Devil dungeons. Unsure of how long he would live once Crucifero was free to roam again. In all honesty, the crazed Alpha had managed to pull off an accurate and almost infallible plan... if it wasn't for the Black Devil Alpha's incredible sense of smell.

Ciro had sent several rogues onto Full Moon territory, ensuring no one suspected it was a premeditated attack and one of those mutts managed to obtain the blood scent of Elena's father. All the while, another team of warriors from Lord Skull were sent to distract Black Devil, and being the cowards they were, they burned their woods and homes along the borders, avoiding a head-on attack from the formidable Black Devil warriors. All of this meticulous strategy, solely to kidnap Elena and Marco. 

The latter because he was the mate of the ferocious Killing Machine and considered a means to negotiate with Black Devil. And Elena... well, Alpha Ciro's madness had totally consumed his logical brain: he wanted to mate her, make her the Luna of his pack and churn out a strong heir. Being an Alpha's daughter, she was considered stronger, with the bonus of coming from the pack that welcomed several of Alpha Ciro's people. This was all too convenient for the Ciro. As if the Black Alpha was going to allow that to happen to his precious mate. Silly Ciro had no idea Elena was mated to the legendary Black Alpha, the raven nightmare, the boogieman. No one else knew anyway, Elena hadn't whispered a word. Yet.