Chapter 56 ~ They Always Knew It

AN/ The one above is Mirko/ Fluffin (half shifted), ready to hunt Elena! 

The picture is mine, I made it with some great help! :) Do you like it? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Realization hit her like a tsunami and a swirl of memories passed through her confused and overloaded brain.

How her father had been completely relaxed in Mirko's territory ... and his cryptic looks ...

How both parents had made several jokes about how she had slept, exchanging "knowing looks" ...

The time when Rex and Elena told them how Mirko broke Riccardo's legs and how happy her parents had been ...

FLASHBACK

"What happened to Riccardo?" Luna Elisa exclaimed with worried eyes, staring at the photo on Rex's phone. Alpha Giacomo, on the other hand, looked amused by the situation, pressing his lips in a thin line to suppress a laugh.

"Black Alpha beat him up really badly before his Gamma could move him away." Elena snapped, with angry eyes and her jaw clenched.

"Black Alpha did that?" Luna Elisa questioned with sudden curiosity.

"Only with one kick?" Now Alpha Giacomo's ear-to-ear smile was illuminating the whole room.

"I thought you didn't like Alpha Mirko." Elena glanced at him suspiciously.

"I just think that little Ricky must have deserved it, otherwise why the hell Alpha Mirko would have beaten him up?"

END OF FLASHBACK

Her father had never liked Riccardo since Elena and he had "dated". Elena thought that her father had been so happy with the news of Mirko breaking him only because someone had finally done what he had always wanted to do: teach poor Riccardo a lesson.

But now, under this new discovery, Elena realized that her father had been happy because his daughter's true mate had beaten a boy who had dared to go out with her, his daughter, and had shown how possessive and protective he was towards her.

More flashbacks appeared in her overwhelmed and tumultuous mind ...

FLASHBACK

"So sugary!" Elena mocked her parents, rolling her eyes.

"Sweetie, one day you will understand when you find your mate!" Her mother winked at her, oddly. She was not the type to wink...that was weird.

"She will..." Her dad paused to kiss Luna Elisa's nose. "After her thirty-fifth birthday, when I let her go out with the boys." He smirked at Elena, with a strange twinkle in his eyes. It was as if he was making fun of something Elena was unaware of...

"Hush!" Her mother shoved him away. "If not, when she finds her mate, she won't tell us just because of your silly threats." They both chuckled and stared at her.

Elena almost chocked on a piece of apple.

"She better does. And as long as it's not from Black Devil, I will have no complaints." He said casually, taking the newspaper from the counter.

"What?!" Elena blurted out, drawing everyone's attention.

Her parents stared at her with two equally indecipherable faces. How they managed to do it, she'd never know.

"Have you found your mate and is he from Black Devil?" Her father asked with a poker face.

"N-no, I haven't found him..." Elena murmured, looking at her nails with too much interest.