Chapter 6 ~ Black Alpha is Back

Black Devil Territory 

That evening, particularly mad, with an ominous darkness settling in and the wind howling with the wolves, seemed orchestrated to persuade people to stay indoor.

Elena enjoyed a movie with her family and friends in the cozy living room of the pack house nestled in the heart of Full Moon. 

However, unbeknownst to them, elsewhere that was anything but cosy, someone was being beaten.

"Do you like life?" A voice reverberated through the murky air, dripping with decay, malice and worst things.

"I...I do!"

"Then tell me why you crossed our border!" 

Dim lights flickered sporadically, casting shadows that danced along the narrow, damp corridors. In the cells, only a couple of unlucky souls remained, their hollow eyes accepted their fate.

Once you entered, escape was rare, if not inside a plastic bag.

A crackling laugh was heard, followed by a loud crash.

"I wouldn't behave like that! Just make it easy for all of us." Another voice, more neutral, vibrated from the same dark cell.

"I already told you!" The prisoner responded with a sneer, still very confident considering his precarious situation.

"I was lost, and I crossed your border before I could find my way around in the darkness." 

This time, no punches or growls followed. Just some muffled sounds. 

Then, out of nowhere, a scream of sheer pain enveloped the whole prison. The grey walls and a few rats the sole witnesses.

"We weren't born yesterday. Just tell us what you were really doing and you may even live." The same voice that a few minutes ago had warned the prisoner, spoke again.

"Don't you want to keep all your fingers? You might still need them."

A weak whine was the only response.

"Here we go. See? It wasn't so difficult. So why did you cross the border and try to run away when you saw us?" Now the voice had a hint of sweetness, as if it was speaking to a crying child that just fell down by accident, rather than to a prisoner that just lost 3 fingers.

"I-I had to c-check if you had a w-w-weak p-patrol... on the south side near the big river." The prisoner stuttered with a final gulp.

"Here, have some water. You did well." The sweet voice was now even gentler.

"Why the river?" Another voice demanded harshly. Pure brutality and rage radiated from his figure.

"We-we-" The prisoner tried to speak, heavily shaking at the owner of that creepy voice.

"We what? Go on." The sweet voice intervened again.

"Our Alpha wanted to invade you by swimming!" He spat out, giving up to his captors.

"Ssssh, it's ok. You did very well. Now, who's your Alpha?"

After another sniff, the prisoner pronounced the name that caused riots, silent assassinations and nightmares all over the packs.

"Lord Skull."

The captors and the prisoner were silent for a while, evaluating the information with all its implications.

"Very well then." The 'sweet' captor said, with an evil smirk.

"Wha-" The scared voice was interrupted by the sudden sound of broken bones.