Chapter 1 ~ Wild Mountains

FTR or RR??

~~

Years later. 

AFTER she was allowed to grow up.

The sky was an intense blue with no cloud disrupting its infinitive magnificence, while the wind was battling with the trees surrounding the gigantic rock where Elena sat peacefully, enjoying the view of her mountains enclosing the concave valley with their wildness and immortal power. With the sun being consumed by the horizon, the girl was admiring the magical change of colours and the incoming arms of darkness.

Lounging in her pack's backyard since she could crawl, she was raised in a paradise for wolf pups, surrounded by endless woodlands and open fields, with a family that spoiled her to the tips of her fur and a squad of friends so loyal, you would think she was already their official Alpha. The only danger ever faced was the occasional rogue attack —and even those were more like playful chases than genuine danger.

Elena knew who she was and she was gearing up to unleash her inner alpha.

"Patience is bitter, but its victory fruit is worth the hunt. A true Alpha can't lead without it," the Alpha of Full Moon, also known by some as her dear father, would constantly remind her in front of others. There was no point in reminding him that he didn't even eat fruit. But when they were alone, he would change his tune, comparing the art of mastering patience to chasing a squirrel. "Frustrating at first, but when you sink your teeth into it, ah, that victory tastes sweeter than the juiciest deer. Master it, and we can go hunt together in No Man's land."

Little did he know, Elena had already ventured into that unclaimed land nestled among claimed territories more times than the hair he had on his alpha head.

Every superstition in the werewolf world - or at least the ones she'd heard, converged in the brambles of No Man's land, like some sort of voracious vortex. And if there was any truth to it, Elena wanted to find out.

Black Devil was a neighbouring pack, notorious for the legendary 'Black Alpha', the feral Killing Machine, the Beta and the Cunning Fox, their sly Gamma.

Full Moon and Black Devil shared an extensive history of blood and tears, currently coexisting in a cold awareness of each other, with few fatalities in recent years.

Elena was proud of Full Moon, recognised for its rich territory with its cheerful members, and for its compassion and reciprocating respect. Despite this, its history was not perfect either...some brutalities and assassinations had also occurred.

After all, it is a rough world where respect is gained by violence and blood shed.

Her father, the current Alpha, had always had zero tolerance towards trespassing and did not believe in the concept of forgiveness: once his trust was lost, it would be forever. Besides that, when people were in need, Alpha Giacomo and the Luna, Elena's delightful mother, provided warm shelter and protection, fighting against unfairness and injustice.

Black Devil was on an entirely different level.

Elena shivered thinking about their inhumane training... such as living in the most wretched conditions for a significant amount of time, without food or other basic survival necessities. Only with their own recently born wolf-side.

Apparently, the higher their rank, the more brutal the "training" became. She remember tales whispered in hushed tones under the cover of darkness.

How their Gamma at the tender age of 10 was sent to slaughter rogues, bears and other lesser predators sniffing around the borders. Or the quiet Beta, with marked skin that told a tale of its own, and a red-eyed wolf that certainly could growl and silence a whole pack.