Chapter 79 ~ First Witness

~The day after~ 

Elena POV

"Where is she?" A loud voice boomed in the clearing just past the Black Devil's border line, and I laughed to myself.

Currently, Mirko and I were walking back to reality, hand in hand. I was covered with the soft fur and he only wore his hard skin. A dreamy smile never left my lips and from time to time I glanced at the God next to me, and I often found him peeking at me sideways, with the same smile.

"I can already smell him all over her!" The same voice was full of dangerous excitement and anxiety.

Our wild honeymoon had lasted for five magnificent and highly active days. But, like any fairy tale, the return to normality was inevitable. And fate, or the Moon Goddess's sense of humor, wanted our first witness as mated couple to be the Black Devil's Beta, also known as my best friend.

I heard the clatter of approaching footsteps and some rustles... and there he was.

Marco came around the corner, wearing only a pair of boxers. The dripping hair and wet skin suggested that he was showering when he had sensed us and rushed to greet us.

A shriek that could have broken the glass of all the nearby windows vibrated in the area. I noticed Mirko stiffen and cover my body with a slightly aggressive posture.

Did he think we were going to be attacked? I chuckled to myself covering my mouth ... because soon we will be under attack, but a different one than what my mate expected. After the scream that had torn the air, Marco wore a funny look.

"OH-MY-DEAR-SWEET-GODDESS!"

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed some of the Black Devil's guards that had rushed to see what had happened, rubbing their ears with a pained expression. Marco's tunes could reach decibels that no werewolf could handle.

An apprehensive Crucifero appeared shortly thereafter with a towel and a t-shirt in his hands. He tried to give them to Marco who waved him away. His eyes studied me then moved to Mirko and then back to me.

A second later, he flew over me and swallowed me in his arms, squeezing me and lifting me off the ground.

"My sweet little girl has grown up!!" The last time I saw him this excited was when his mate gave him a new home. Then the shower of kisses all over my face began. I noticed Mirko starting to relax after realizing that there was no real attack. Crucifero came up and gave him a brotherly pat on the shoulder.

"You have to tell me everything! And when I say everything, I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! "

My mate seemed embarrassed and scratched the back of his neck, probably knowing that 'everything' included a large portion of himself.

"Marco, let's go and-"

"Shush you! My best friend has been mating for 4 consecutive days!! Four!! Cuatro!!" He glared at a flustered Crucifero who swallowed and sent an apologetic look to his Alpha. "And you expect me to leave her alone?"

And then, without adding anything else, Marco kidnapped his Luna...me.

And I mentally prepared myself for the third degree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How can it be that you don't remember?" Marco looked outraged when Rex had re-joined them with a bag full of cookies and dropped onto the sofa next to Elena.

In the meantime, Giulia had remained sitting there, not participating much in the conversation, simply curled up on Marco's lap and hugging her beloved brother.

Elena had noticed how tired and sickly looking she was and had planned to go to the doctor together and spend time just the two of them, for a good chat between girls. It seemed to her that she hadn't seen Giulia for centuries!

Then there was Rex, with his hand deep in the cookie bag, a lazy smile decorated his face, chocolate spread all over his face. He was... well, just Rex.

"I don't know!! It's not that I had a ruler with me or that I had time to analyse it!" Elena replied rolling her eyes. By then, she was 100% embarrassed by the bold, impertinent questions.

"Did he go down on you? Did he eat you well? "

"Shut up!"

"Yeah, shut up." Rex grimaced groaning. To him, Elena was like the sister he never had, and hearing stories about her new active sexual life wasn't really his favourite pastime.

"Did it hurt you?" Then he asked with slight concern. Black Alpha was huge, and Rex just couldn't imagine how he couldn't hurt her. Crazy in love or not. Mirko had waited patiently for innocent Elena for some time, much longer than Rex had ever heard anyone doing it. So, future Gamma couldn't imagine how Black Alpha didn't just 'destroy' little Elena and maybe leave a whole or two.

"No, not at all. I mean, it was a little painful at first, but it's normal... and it went away right away."

Giulia kept her eyes down, fiddling with her fingers; the lemon cake that Marco had cooked for her was intact on the table in front of her. Her first had also been amazing, but the 'after' had just been...horrible.

"But he was so sweet and attentive! He cuddled me all the time, got me food, made a fur blanket with an animal, #Elena didn't know that the fur came from a grizzle bear that Mirko had killed and skinned personally# it was just amazing and perfect and ... " And so, she kept telling her friends about her perfect mate and how much they were perfect. Friends with whom she had practically no secrets.

The three listened to her and the three had quite different reactions.

Marco was totally ecstatic and almost fainted with happiness, Rex had mixed feelings, he grunted every time Marco asked a question that was too sexual, but he was also happy that his best friend was in good hands and well protected by her dark mate. Then there was Giulia, who was crying from within.

The girl had really tried to be happy for Elena, really. She had been digging inside her heart for a long time, looking for an ounce of joy or a drop of happiness, but she simply hadn't found any.

After her mate had broken her heart into so many bits. And the pieces were so many that she didn't know if it was possible to put them back together and fix her heart. Giulia felt guilty and almost hated herself for not being able to focus on her best friend.

To avoid bursting into tears in front of her brother and friends, who had no idea of ​​she found her mate, she excused herself and went to find her brother-in-law. The only one who knew her tearful secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN/ Second last chapter next Sunday!! :P Please, vote on this chapters if you liked it! :)

Read Book 2 + 40 bonus episodes of Elena, Mirko, Marco & Cruciero + 20 extra mature hot  chapters on my Patreon's page! 

Also, first 53 chapters of my new exclusive werewolf story "Along came a mate" is available on Patreon! :D

Link to sign up:

https://www.patreon.com/ladytrex

Love you all!!!