* DUSTY OLD HAT *

"So, how exactly do we get sorted into these houses?" Lacy asked curiously as they jumped off the train as a trio, having just encountered Draco Malloy inside, she was already drained from the boy, hopefully she wouldn't have to see him much.

"Fred said we have to...wrestle a troll" Ron gulped as he remembers the tale his brother told him, and Lacy scoffed at that, sending Harry an unsure look.

"They wouldn't do that Ron, we are just kids" Harry concluded, Lacy gave a sharp nod beside him, showing that she agreed.

Ron just let out a small breathe before their attention was turned to a tall giant falling for the first years, both Lacy and Harry smiled and greeted him immediately, Ron muttering a loud 'woah' as he caught sight of the man.

"We have to get into old boats?" Lacy questioned when they reached the docks, and she went to turned around a small "bye"

Harry grabbed her arm and spun her around again, guiding her onto one of the best looking boats, giving her comforting words as she did. "The worst that could happen is that we end up swimming"

Lacy's eyes widened at that, the boast had started moving in its own and she never learnt how to swim. So, naturally, she latched onto Ron's arm, as he seemed just as scared as her.

"Apparently there's an old and giant squid in this lake. As well as...Merfolk" Ron revealed another tale his brothers had told him, and Lacy shook her head.

"I don't think I want to meet this 'Fred' and 'George' . They sound traumatising"

When they had first got off the boats-Ron and Harry had to lift Lacy out because she was scared-Lacy's legs felt wobbly, as she had never been in a boat before, or had sat down for that long without being able to move her legs

They had walked up a grand staircase, only to be greeted by a lady in green and black clothing, Lacy immediate thought about how strict she looked-best to avoid this woman when she wanted a midnight walk.

"Follow me" She had said once she arrived back, claiming that the preparations were ready, and the first years began to walk towards a large oak door with elegant carvings into it, Lacy was more concerned about how many armoury sets were laying around the place.

When they walked in, pair by pair, Lacy was stuck with a strange boy that she made no attempt to talk to, as she was too enclosed in watching the ceiling above them-she wondered how much it would cost to have one at home, probably too expensive.

They paused at the front, all shifting so they were no longer in pairs, Harry and Ron dragged Lacy near the front so they could see what they had to do.

Lacy almost laughed when she caught sight of the old chair and hat, wrestling a troll, how ridiculous, she thought as she bit back a smile.

"Now when I call your name, you will come forth and be sorted into your houses" She reminds, and Lacy almost jumps in excitement.

Lacy watched as each kids goes forth and is sorted, her patience becoming very short as she watched one kid after another, but she still clapped and smiled for everyone of them-even clapping for a LeStrange and a Deaver before Ron had grabbed her hands to stop her each time.

Ron and Harry then got sorted into Gryffindor, where the rest of the Weasley's are, and she clapped for both of them, but then the panic settled in-hats house would she be in? Would they stop being friends with her if she was in another house??

"Lacy Williams" She almost froze in her place, that's her name.

Lacy gulped down any cowardness she was feeling and she walked up to the front, not forgetting about how she spotted Snape at the teachers table on her way, she sat down in the stool and smiled at the professor.

McGonagall placed the hat on top of her head and stepped back patiently, this being one of the last students to be sorted.

"Ah! Full of wonder and curiosity! Such a strange mind....oh! The ambition you feel....yes....must be....

SLYTHERIN!"

People clapped for her happily, and she grinned when the hat was taken off her head, and her robes magically changed into Slytherin ones, she couldn't wait to tell her mother about everything.

She walked towards the table and sat down in a seat that was free, smiling at the girl who grinned at her.

"Hi, I'm Pansy Parkinson"

"Lacy Williams"