* A DAY IN HER LIFE *

Lacy Williams watched her hair dangle down from her shoulder in the reflection of her oval and sun kissed mirror, her eyes catching her own as she let out out the slightest of frowns, this wasn't how she imagined herself to be before she went off ...

Lacy Williams watched her hair dangle down from her shoulder in the reflection of her oval and sun kissed mirror, her eyes catching her own as she let out out the slightest of frowns, this wasn't how she imagined herself to be before she went off to secondary school.

Not that the High School her mother had planned on sending her to wasn't good, it just didn't have any of her old friends there, she would be a fish out of water as everybody else would walk along those steep corridors with their best friends.

She finally released her wavy hair and let it settle down properly, glancing away from her mirror in silence as she turned around to her cream white and mint green room, a smile slowly etching itself onto her face as she caught sight of a photo of her father.

Her father passed away when she was only two, he had fought in a war that had costed him his life, but had given Lacy a chance to live hers out with her mother, and she was forever grateful for that chance.

The photo had a small chipping in a corner, from where it had been held onto too much for years, as it was loose around the house before her mother bought bought a frame for it. Now, the photo of a man in uniform stood while holding a two year old girl, who was gripping tightly onto his hand as they both smiled at the camera.

Lacy could swear that she sometimes could feel the picture move, but she always shook her head and reminded herself that such things didn't exist.

Her mother often scolded her for her 'imagination' as she always seemed to be dwelling on the things that wasn't there, she had her head up high in the clouds and felt out of place usually, although her mother never really understood why.

"Lacy, darling!" Her mother called her down, and Lacy snapped her attention away from the ghosted frame and began to walk gently toward her door, prying it open slowly before quickly stepping out and shutting it behind her, her feet automatically carrying her to see what her mother wanted. "Breakfast is ready!"

Breakfast was the most important meal of someone's day, or so Lacy had been told, it was a start of to a fresh day full of new adventures and thoughts, who knows what the day could hold? Which is why you need a healthy and fulfilling breakfast.

Lacy just used it as an excuse to get more food sometimes, especially on pancake day.

"There you are!" Her mother let out melodically as she caught sight of her eleven year old daughter, who's blonde locks rested neatly on her shoulders, her light pink dress brightening up her smile as she looked almost angelic. "Your uncle almost ran up to get you, I had been calling you for a while"

"Sorry mother, I drifted off" Lacy quickly apologised, as she seemingly glided across the room silently and landed in her chair, sending her uncle a greeting grin as she caught his matching brunette eyes.

Her mother pushed hair behind her ear before she spun around with the final plate of a huge meal set out for the trio, and Lacy frowned when she noticed the extra chair.

"Expecting company, mother?"

Her mother seemingly freezes in her place, her hands resting on the plate as her gaze refused to look anywhere other than the food, before she resumed and stood up straight with a small smile. "Yes dear, just an old friend"

When her mother turned around, Lacy immediately met eyes with her uncle, who had looked to her for a reasoning, and they both shrugged in unison before grabbing food to pile onto their plates.

The blonde haired mother turned back around, slapping her brothers hand when he tried to eat some toast. "You will not start eating until the guest is here, where are your manners?"

"Wherever you just slapped my dignity to" Lacy's uncle replied sarcastically, only for the back of his head to be smacked.

"Not funny Zachary" The mother scolded, and Lacy let out a small laugh at her uncles reaction, how he dramatically placed his hand over his chest and scoffed.

"Stop calling me by my full name, you know I just go by Zach" Lacy's uncle complained, reaching for another thing on the table, only to be slapped with a spatula. "Ow!"

"Oh, uncle Zach" Lacy laughed at the fellow, before he sent her a small glare, that had her pretend to zip up her mouth, and he replied with a nod as her mother shook her head in disapproval.

"What guest are we expecting, exactly?" Zach questioned with an eyebrow raise, and the mother sent him a sharp look as he already knew who it was.

"I'm curious too, we never usually have guests" Lacy concluded as she sat there, ambition filling her eyes as she wanted to know who the guest would be, she always was the curious type.

Once, when she was around eight years old, it was her birthday. Her mother had claimed that she had bought the perfect gift for her daughter, instantly peaking Lacy's interest. At around 1:00am on her birthday morning, she snuck into her mother's study and picked the lock on the draw, opening up the present to see what it was.

She got into a lot of trouble.

"They'll be here to talk to you about secondary school, Lacy" Her mother reminded, and Lacy but her lip at the thought.

"On the week of summer? That's a little harsh, Ruth" Zach added to the fuel, aiming his hand for food again, only for Lacy to slap it this time.

"Patience, uncle Zach. We get through this talk and then we can go on that adventure!"