[ PERFUME ]

When Lacy had walked into the potions classroom beside Hermione, she had instantly covered her nose as a scent over-filled her senses

When Lacy had walked into the potions classroom beside Hermione, she had instantly covered her nose as a scent over-filled her senses. It was over-bearing and she couldn't help the sneeze that left her nose from it being stuffed by the amazing smell.

"What is that?!" Lacy quizzed as they walked towards their regular table, Hermione glanced at the girl quickly over her shoulder and shrugged in reply. "Blaise seriously needs to stop over-dosing on the cologne" She mumbled to herself as she placed her bag down on the desk with a small thud.

"Alright everybody! Gather round! Gather round!" Slughorn let out excitedly, gesturing with his hands lively for them all to gather around his table of strange potions and pots. "That's it...just around this table right here..."

Lacy grabbed the book that she needed and then stood right beside Hermione at the front, Theo coming to stand beside her as he placed his elbow on top of her shoulder.

"Now..." He began to speak, but Lacy seemed in a daze as she stares down at one of the pots that he had on example, she didn't like the feeling that she had coming from it. "Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all plan."

Suddenly, Harry and Ron burst through the doors unexpectedly, making Lacy too slightly on her feet as a smile grew on her lips, she now had more friends in the class. Theo sniggered slightly at the awkward expression on both of their faces, Hermione just tutted as she shook her head.

"Oh, Harry m'boy. I've been beginning to worry. You brought someone with us, I see." Slughorn pointed out the redhead that was hiding slightly behind Harry, looking as uncomfortable as ever.

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions. A menace, actually so. I'm probably just gonna—" Ron quickly went to walk out, but Harry caught his shoulders and turns him back around.

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

"Not to worry, get what you want from the cupboard." Slughorn pointed to the cupboard at the back before he turned back to the potion he was speaking about. "Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" Hermione hand immediately shot up as Theo slouched so he wouldn't be picked to answer. "Yes, ms..."

"Granger, sir." Hermione nodded respectfully, "That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion. It's terribly tricky to make." She then pointed out the strange and amazing-scented potion "This is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." She began to list what she had smelled "For example, I smell... Freshly mown grass and new parchment and... Spearmint toothpaste." She then stepped back slightly and Lacy looked at her with confusion, that sounded familiar...

"Now Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible, but it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession." Slughorn explained, as several people tensed up and some of the girls went to step forward "And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." He placed the lid on top of the cauldron and snapped them all out of their daze. Lacy slowly blinked as she came back to reality.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one." Katie Bell pointed out, and Lacy immediately recognised the tiny vile of clear liquid.

"Oh yes. What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion, known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly known referred to as—"

"Liquid luck" Hermione finished off, sending a smile to Lacy beside her, who returned it.

"Yes, Miss Granger. Liquid luck. Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you'll find that all of your endeavours succeed. At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Dead. Recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. Issue one doubt, however. Only one set of student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence."

Lacy hated the thought of brewing something that went towards death, she much preferred when they worked on life-fulfilling potions and healing ointments

"You need to at least try, Ms. Williams, even if you don't like it" Slughorn encouraged as he walked past where she was working beside Theo, Blaise and Draco unfortunately opposite her. She had never seen Draco Malfoy work so hard for something in his life, it had her worried.

Lacy frowned down at the half-filled cauldron before she picked up the stupid berry-like things, crushing them with her knife before she held it over and squeezed out the juice, Theo watched her with a confused expression on his face, he knew in that moment he was failing potions already.

"Since when was Harry good at potions?" Theo let out as he looked at the chosen one who seems to be ahead of even Hermione Granger. "I've never seen Hermione look so angry before"

"Since when did you call the mudblood by her first name?" Draco gritted his teeth angrily at Theo, who stood accords the table.

Lacy, the half-blood who stood on the other side of the table with disbelief, held her hand up high suddenly.

"Yes, Ms. Williams?" Slughorn questioned, glancing between the table, who seemed to know as much as him.

"Can I go to the bathroom, please? I'm feeling sick" She states with a sad expression, after getting Slugorn's nod of approval, she snatched up her things and pushed the cauldrons over to Theo to finish off. Not even glancing at Draco as she began to walk away from the table, and towards the door.