23. sleep with me

SLEEP WITH ME

ashton had arrived around noon, and it was nearing the evening now. emma had insisted that he stay at the house until the wedding, but ashton didn't want to intrude and booked a hotel for the remainder of his stay.

emma called out of work for the day, deciding that spending time with ashton was more important than anything else right now.

and while luke was bummed that he wouldn't be able to visit her and do what he had planned on doing, emma assured him that he could come visit her on her lunch break wednesday.

caleb came home from work a few hours after ashton got there, and emma pulled him aside and explained who the boy was.

caleb's cheeks burned from embarrassment, and he rushed out an apology to ashton for assuming he was the new butler. it wasn't one of his finest moments.

he decided to give the four friends some space for a while, and went to go see a friend.

and now, the group sat in the living room, mostly talking and catching up.

emma excused herself to the kitchen, grabbing a few drinks for everyone until maya snuck up behind her with an accusatory look on her face and her hand placed on her hip.

"i saw you coming out of luke's room this morning"

the girl started blushing. "so?"

"so?" maya softly hit emma's shoulder. "did something happen?"

emma tilted her head to the side with a serious look on her face. "no, maya. nothing happened. i just needed a good night's sleep for once"

maya arched an eyebrow. "it was a one-time thing, then?"

"it doesn't have to be," luke interrupted, leaning against the doorframe with a smile on his face. "whenever you can't sleep, you know where to find me"

emma blushed once more, holding her gaze on the kitchen floor as she smiled to herself.

"but," luke spoke up, pushing himself off the door frame and walking towards the girls. "try not to hog the bed next time, makes it hard for a man to get some sleep" he sent a joking wink as emma shook her head.

"i do not hog the bed" she exclaimed, smacking her hand against luke's chest. "stop lying"

"i will when you will"  luke retorted, knowing emma wouldn't read between the lines.

she narrowed her eyes at the blonde. "i'll stop hogging the bed when you stop taking all the blankets"

"bullshit," luke rolled his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest. "if anything, i give you all the blankets because of how fucking cold you always are—"

"please stop flirting, it's making me miss michael" maya groaned as her lips curled downward.

"we weren't—"

"yes you were," maya said matter-of-factly. "or actually, you two keep doing what you're doing and i'll go call him" she cheerfully grinned, leaving luke and emma in the kitchen together.

luke cleared his throat. "you hungry? i'll make you something"

"yes please, i've missed your cooking so much," her mouth was practically watering already. "should we see if the others want something?"