37. oh baby

this moment was nothing short of perfect.

Falling was playing quietly in the background, and luke and emma finally had what they wanted — each other.

they both needed this release, the tension had been building up for months. the small kiss they shared at the wedding had only made luke and emma want it more.

the kiss was so different from before. it was slow, passionate, but still had an edge of roughness that symbolized how badly they had wanted each other. their chests were pressed firmly against each other and emma felt his hips grind down onto her as he trapped her body between the bar and himself.

she swiftly moved her hands to his hair, tugging on it harshly and earning a moan from him, followed by a small "fuck". one of luke's hands was rested against her hip while the other moved to the back of her neck, pulling her even closer to him if possible.

luke and emma both felt something their relationships had lacked — a spark.

luke slipped his tongue into her mouth, deepening the kiss. the way his tongue battled with hers was exhilarating, it was a feeling neither would grow tired of. he tilted his head further to the side, which only deepened the kiss even more.

his lips worked wonders as he continued to mold them with hers, before pulling back a little. emma groaned at the loss of contact and attempted to kiss him again, but luke simply caught her lower lip between his teeth before they moved down to her neck, making her an even bigger panting mess than she already was.

if there was one thing luke was good at, it was kissing. he knows exactly where to place his hands, and his lips felt like heaven. he knows what he wants and he doesn't hesitate to go after it.

luke detached his lips from her neck, making eye contact with emma for the first time since he kissed her, and their eyes held a silent agreement that they both wanted each other.

but lust wasn't clouding their judgement this time, and there was a speck of something in their eyes that scared the other. it wasn't hunger or want like it had been the first few times they slept together. it was something else entirely — maybe it was love.

neither one dared to speak, both already knowing exactly where this was headed.

luke, riled up and out of breath, was the first to break the silence "did you want to, uh, take this back to your place?" he panted, the eagerness was apparent in his words. emma was too woozy to talk, and responded with a simple head nod. luke grinned and laced his fingers with hers to guide her to his car.

it was late, and maya would surely be asleep by now — but she hadn't crossed either of their minds in a while.

luke parked at the familiar complex and practically pulled emma out of the car and up to her apartment, she was laughing and doing her best not to trip over herself. god, she felt so happy.

once inside, they wasted no time going back to their original position. luke had pulled emma straight into her room and pushed her roughly against the wall before connecting their lips once more.

emma wrapped her hands in his hair, while luke's hands trailed just under her thighs.

"jump" he mumbled against her lips, and she followed his request. he carried her over to her bed as the two continued to make out. emma felt luke push his hips against her, and she felt him poking her. she couldn't help but giggle.

luke pulled away from the kiss, trying his best to shoot her an angry glare for laughing at him, but failing when a smile cracked through his angry façade. he attached his lips to emma's neck, not letting there be a moment in which she wasn't being touched or kissed. he gently laid her on the bed and climbed on top of her.