06. she was pretty loud

luke was laying in his bed, flat on his back while maya straddled his lap. she leaned down to connect their lips and began running her hands through his dirty blonde curls. he moaned, easily getting turned on due to the lack of sexual contact he's had. he rested his hands on her ass and squeezed roughly, causing maya to groan against his mouth.

he took that as a sign to continue and began playing with the hem of her tank top, but once he began sliding it upwards maya pulled away and grabbed his hands.

"i'm sorry - can we talk?" she asked shyly, intertwining luke's fingers with hers.

she was beyond nervous to have this conversation with luke. this was typically the part where boys broke things off with her, and she was afraid luke would do the same. she had feelings for luke stronger than anything she's ever experienced before, and she wasn't willing to lose him. but he had a right to know.

emma had urged maya to be up front and honest with luke as soon as possible, and what better timing than during a make out session?

luke pecked her lips and leaned against the headboard "of course, what's up?"

he was worried emma had let it slip about his situation. but knew that couldn't be possible. after a long night of emma practically begging him to let her accompany him, he gave in.

typically, luke loved when a girl begged. but this particular moment had caused an uneasy feeling to swirl in his stomach. she refused to tell luke why she wanted to come, saying "if you don't have to answer all of my questions, i sure as hell won't answer yours"

luke couldn't even argue, because she had a valid point. so he just shrugged and agreed, telling her she had to stay in the car the entire time.

maya climbed on top of luke and sat in his lap. her heart was beating rapidly and she was taking deep breaths to calm her nerves. "i know i should have told you this sooner, but i really like you and was afraid this would jeopardize things.." she trailed off, staring at luke.

"i know we haven't been exactly intimate in the way you would like, but there is a reason for that"

luke arched his eyebrow, urging her to continue. "i made the promise at a young age to save myself for marriage, i'm not forcing you to stay with me now that you know, because that wouldn't be fair and a lot of boys like to run when they hear that, so you don't have to be with me... if you don't want to" maya bit her lip and stared at luke.

"maya" luke began, sitting up straight and pulling his girlfriend into a tight hug "i would never break up with you for something like that. i admire and support your decision, even if it's not what i believe. i'm excited for our relationship and i can't wait to see where it goes. you can tell me anything, remember that" he kissed her temple and cuddled her into his chest, causing maya to blush and smile like crazy.

no one had ever reacted that way before, and her heart was bursting at the seams, she really believed luke could be the one for her.

while waiting until marriage wasn't exactly ideal for luke, he could never imagine breaking up with someone for that. and besides, she still did other things for him. he would see where the relationship went, and hopefully it would work out for both of them.

"how about i cook us dinner tonight?" luke asked, climbing out of bed and heading into the kitchen. maya eagerly followed. emma was... culinarily disabled. she could only make cereal and toast - which usually ended up burnt. that left maya having to cook a majority of the time. she was excited to have a boyfriend who could make her food, and a boy who can cook is insanely attractive.

ashton heard the noise from his room and sulked out into the kitchen "are you guys going to be here all night?" there was a small hint of attitude in his voice as he stared at luke and maya.

"i kind of live here so, yeah" luke stated, slightly annoyed at how rude ashton sounded.

"emma's staying the night tonight and should be here soon, just so you know" he shot maya a glance before retreating back into his room and shutting the door.

"that was weird" luke furrowed his eyebrows and began cooking some pasta. "that was his subtle way of telling us we should leave" maya giggled.

"leave? why?" luke didn't understand why ash would want the two to leave, he's never had a problem with them being there before. "him
and emma get kind of, um, loud?" maya stated, but it sounded like more of a question as her cheeks started turning red. she hoped luke understood and she wouldn't have to explain further.

luke chuckled and shook his head "i should've known, she was pretty loud when-" he forced a cough and scratched his forehead "when we all hung out. she just seems like a loud person" he nodded along, hoping maya didn't notice his slip up.

maya shrugged "she's not that bad. you just don't know her well enough yet. she's great, really" she beamed, as if talking about emma was one of her favorite things - which it was, emma meant so much to her.

emma was an incredible friend, maya knew that. when maya was eighteen, her parents got divorced and forced maya to pick a side, emma was quick to offer maya a place to live, and the two have lived together ever since.

she's done so many amazing things for maya, and she only hoped she could return the favor one day.

"so did you want to eat and get out of here?" maya asked, taking a seat at the kitchen island while luke placed a plate of food in front of her. "i don't mind staying, it could be fun to kill emma and ashton's night" luke smirked as he sat next to maya and began eating.

luke felt weird knowing him and ashton had been with the same girl. he hadn't even thought about that until his short conversation with maya just now.

luke also felt weird knowing that him and maya had just been making out on the same bed him and emma had fucked on- yet another thing he didn't realize until this moment.

ashton walked out of his room once more just as the front door opened. "i didn't know you had a key" luke arched his eyebrows and watched ashton embrace emma in a hug. "well now you do, make sure you're always decent so i don't walk in on something i don't want to see" emma teased before giving maya a side hug and stealing a bite of her pasta.

"shit, this tastes amazing. you never fail to impress me, maya"

"actually, luke made dinner tonight" maya leaned into luke's side and rested her head on his shoulder.

emma cocked her head to the side "i didn't know you cooked?"

"and why would you?" luke rolled his eyes at her. luke had been planning on making emma breakfast after their one night together, but woke up to a dip in his bed and a note instead.

emma just shrugged as ashton gripped her hand and pulled her towards his bed room "you guys are going out for the night, right?" ashton asked, giving luke a look that said 'please get out'

"actually, we were just going to stay in and have a movie marathon tonight" luke smiled and squeezed maya's thigh. ashton shot daggers at him before slamming the door to his room.

maya giggled and poked luke's side "you know they were planning on doing the dirty tonight, right?" luke nodded and smirked at her.

"and you totally just cock blocked him"

luke knew he shouldn't compare the situations, but hey, if luke wasn't getting any, why should ashton?

___________________
question: if you could have any superpower, which would you pick?

short chapter bc i wasn't planning on updating & i wrote this on my
phone... which i've discovered that i hate.

but thank you to everyone who's been reading so far, i appreciate it so much!