34. let her go

"you should dance with me, doll"

"uh, i'm working"

emma had been trying to shake off the grimy drunk guy from the bar for at least an hour. he should've been cut off four beers ago, but he was an exceptional tipper so emma didn't even bother.

she soon regretted that decision, now he wouldn't leave her alone. if he wasn't calling her disgusting pet names, he was trying to touch and grab her — which is exactly what luke had warned her about.

she did her best to ignore his constant remarks, hoping he would take it as a sign that she wasn't interested. he responded by spilling his drink onto the floor, which emma now had to clean up.

she groaned and walked around the bar, wet rag in hand, she crouched down and began wiping the spill.

"sorry 'bout the mess, darling" the man reached forward and brushed her arm, causing emma to jolt backwards.

"seriously? don't touch me" she shouted over the music, scrunching her face in disgust.

"I figured it's the least i could do after the generous tip i left ya" the man smiled and tried to grab emma again. she backed away and scanned the crowded bar for luke, frowning when he was no where in sight.

"if you touch me again i'm going to fucking hit you" she warned. the man laughed, obviously assuming she was joking.

"why so hostile, baby?"

the nickname alone was enough for emma to cringe, who did this guy think he was? emma rolled her eyes and tried to walk away once the beer had been wiped up, but he grasped her arm and yanked her back.

emma pushed the man off of her and punched him square in the jaw. it wasn't hard enough to cause serious damage, but it made the guy stumble backwards and lose his grip on the girl so she was satisfied.

"what the fuck's wrong with you?" he shouted at her. "where's your boss?"

emma laughed. she had been wondering the same damn thing.

"did i hear someone ask for me?" luke had caught the end of their conversation and jumped in, clearly sensing some kind of tension. he went to drape an arm around emma's shoulders, but figured that wouldn't be professional so he kept them glued to his sides.

"yeah, she just punched me for no fucking reason!" the man exclaimed, getting in luke's face.

"and i'll do it again" emma spat, growing increasingly irritated by the mere existence of this man.

luke widened his eyes, chuckling to himself when he noticed a red mark on the man's face. there wasn't a doubt in luke's mind that this man deserved it.

"calm down you two, tell me what happened" luke faced emma, figuring her story would make more sense.

"he kept calling me names and trying to touch me, i told him if he touched me again i would hit him. then he touched me again and i, well, hit him" emma made hand gestures for emphasis.

"how about you leave and don't come back, okay?" luke crossed his arms over his chest. he was trying to keep a cool composure even though his blood was boiling.

this guy was lucky emma had dealt with him instead of luke. if he had seen the man grab her, he'd probably be half dead by now.

"seriously? you're going to let this bitch hit loyal customers and get away with it?" the man was fuming, but the size difference between him and luke was laughable.

this guy was probably 5'9 at best, barely reaching luke's shoulder.

"i'll escort you out the back, sir" luke was pissed, he grabbed the back of the man's collar and basically dragged him out of the bar.