33. frickle frackle

FRICKLE FRACKLE

"i really don't wanna fucking be here" luke mumbled, mostly to himself considering nothing could be heard over the loud music.

he and the boys are occupying a small booth in the back corner of some new bar. michael is sober, as usual, while the others have been convincing luke to find a girl and take her home.

he isn't too keen on the idea. even though it's been a while since he's had sex, his head just isn't in it tonight.

michael nudges the blonde, with a glass of water in one hand and the other carelessly resting in his lap. "you look miserable. when's the last time you've gotten laid, huh? i bet there are a ton of girls dying to go home with you tonight"

calum, completely trashed yet still able to comprehend most of what michael says, vigorously nods his head. "yeah, man. mike is right. you've been moody as hell lately. let's find you a pretty girl to get you back on your game. you don't even gotta take her back to your place, just fuck her in the bathroom and bail"

"i'll drink to that" michael laughs, clinking his water with calum's beer.

luke scoffs, appalled at the animalistic words out of his friend's mouths. though he's not sure why he's surprised, this has turned into a weekly thing for them.

new bar, new girl, same feeling of bitter loneliness the next morning.

another shot of tequila is quickly knocked back, hoping it will drown out the voices of his idiotic friends.

he doesn't understand how people enjoy getting drunk off of beer. sure, it's a good drink to casually sip, but to get absolutely trashed on? no way in hell.

tequila does the trick a hell of a lot faster.

luke has decided that if he ever finds a girl who loves tequila as much as he does, he would wife her up immediately.

"hey, how about that girl?" michael points to a pretty red head dancing with a group of girls.

"she's like, what? five feet tall? people would think i was her dad. next" luke waves the suggestion off. she was pretty, but not his type.

he was into blondes.

or blonde girls who went brunette after a nasty breakup, but he didn't need to worry about that yet.

calum squints his eyes, not sure if he's seeing double or not as he spots someone waving at him. "how 'bout her?"

"that's not a her, that's ashton coming back with drinks"

"he'd be a pretty girl. i'd fuck him if i was gay" calum causally leans back against the booth, smiling and ignoring the fits of laughter coming from luke and michael.

ashton slides into the empty space next to calum, placing the fresh round of drinks on the table.

"stop your searching, i've found the girl of your dreams that will have the pleasure of staying at casa de luke for the night" ashton wiggles his eyebrows, pointing at a girl sitting alone at the bar.

all four heads snap to the girl, and luke is thankful she hadn't noticed them.

she's insanely attractive. certainly out of luke's league, but attractive.

he's drawn to the shot glass in her hand, smirking as she drinks it straight, not even making a face as it goes down.

"she's too hot, she'd never go for luke," calum snorts, his face falling as luke sends him a glare. "sorry" he mumbles.