17. come on princess

"when you said we were going to the bar, I thought you meant we'd be driving" emma groaned, trudging behind luke who was a few steps ahead of her.

"i'm too stoned to drive anywhere. besides, it's only a fifteen minute walk" luke stopped walking to let emma catch up with him and laughed when he noticed she was dragging behind him. "fifteen minutes is a long time when you're high and tired" she pouted.

luke rolled his eyes but couldn't help but find amusement out of her behavior. he knew they would need to hurry up, it was already half past two and the bar closed at three.

luke crouched down on the ground "come on princess, your chariot awaits" he stifled back a laugh and waited for emma to climb on—he figured it would take a minute considering her altered mental state.

emma gave luke a skeptical look, but figured anything had to be better than walking. once she reached luke, she looped her arms around his neck and fully rested her chest against his back. once luke felt like she was ready, he fully stood up which allowed emma to wrap her legs around his waist. luke's hands firmly cupped under her thighs, and emma laughed at the sudden contact.

"so this is what being tall feels like" emma giggled and rested her chin in the crook of luke's neck. "what's your favorite song?" she asked him, closing her eyes while luke walked.

"I have too many to choose" he chuckled "what's yours?"

"have you ever heard 'Falling' by harry styles?" luke shook his head.

"it's an amazing song, you should listen to it sometime" emma persuaded him while tightening her grip around his neck. luke never intended to listen to the song, but he nodded his head anyways. one day, that would end up being his favorite song.

the sound of luke's feet hitting the pavement was the only sound the two heard as he continued walking towards the bar, which was particularly crowded despite it being nearly three in the morning.

"we're here" luke patted emma's thigh and squatted down, allowing emma to step onto the ground. "what time does the bar close?" she asked.

"three, but my manager knows we're coming and agreed to let us stay as late as we wanted, as long as I lock up when we leave" luke wiggled his eyebrows at her and opened the door, allowing emma to walk inside before luke followed behind her.

he guided her to the half-packed bar and pulled a stool out for her, which she thanked him for and plopped down. "I assume you're hungry?" luke asked, and emma frantically nodded her head. "starving" she stated.

luke called his manager over and ordered food for them to share. "can I get a birthday cake shot, too. it's her birthday" luke pointed towards emma who sheepishly smiled as luke's manager nodded and smirked at the pair.

once they were alone again, emma smacked luke's chest. "are you trying to get me drunk?"

"it's one shot. and it's for your birthday, no more alcohol after that"

the pink shot was placed in front of emma, and there was a ring of sprinkles around the rim of the shot glass.  "what's in this?" she asked, scrunching her face at the mysterious contents.

"cupcake vodka and white chocolate liquor. it's good, bartenders honor" emma narrowed her eyes at luke, debating whether she should trust him or not. she decided she had nothing to lose and threw the shot back. it burned her throat as it went down, but she couldn't deny it was pretty good.

luke's manager came back and placed a plate of chicken tenders, fries and a side of pickles in front of them. "you look very familiar. have I seen you before?" the manager asked, settling his eyes on emma who furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head.