31. you can kiss me anytime you want

YOU CAN KISS ME ANYTIME YOU WANT

emma's heart is racing as she realizes she's just asked a stupid question. surely luke wouldn't want to—

"yes"

oh. what?

she's not sure what compelled her to be bold enough to suggest they do something like that, but the light in luke's eyes when she asked made it worth it.

maybe she just wanted to be close to him again, their bodies being pressed together just wasn't enough for her right now.

his blue eyes, darker from the dim light of the fire, stare at her expectantly, like he wants her to initiate it.

she turns around in the lawn chair, resting on her knees as luke sits up from his slouched position.

"you're the only guy i've ever done that with, you know" emma states.

the light shaking of her leg, mixed with the knowledge that she's probably about to ramble on, tells luke that she's nervous.

"and you," he begins, gently moving the strands of hair from her face, his eyes not leaving emma's. "are the only girl i'd ever want to do this with"

"are you comfortable?" he asks her, not wanting her to feel forced even though she's the one who asked to do it.

emma nods and takes a hit, coughing slightly as she breaths out.

"can you say you're comfortable with your words, em?"

"yes, i'm comfortable with this. i'm comfortable with you" she states, taking another hit, longer this time as she holds the smoke in her mouth.

with one hand holding the joint, her other rests on the back of luke's neck, tugging him forward until their noses are touching.

the blonde closes his eyes, and his mouth opens slightly as he can feel emma tilt her head up and closer to him.

his left hand has a sturdy hold on her waist, while his right is under her chin, pulling her face as close to his as possible.

this wasn't going to end well for emma, she was now well aware of that. the way his breath was fanning her face made her want to kiss him, mixed with the placement of his hands and just him in general.

she slowly opens her mouth, careful to leave a few centimeters of space between luke's lips and her own.

do you ever think about what someone would do if you randomly kissed them?

because emma's mind was flying with what luke would do if she just kissed him right now.

"are you going to blow?" luke mumbles lowly, a light chuckle following as emma has been frozen in her spot for a few seconds.

luke was already shaking with anticipation, not really liking the hesitation from her as he's worried she'll change her mind.

the brunette holds back a laugh, her mouth hovering over luke's as she slowly exhales.

she doesn't cough, and she's pretty proud of herself because that would be a total mood killer.

her face was so close to luke's she could feel his stubble tickle her skin.

he leans back slightly, and emma watches in astonishment as luke inhales, then turns his face to the side so he won't blow smoke in her face and lets out a long breath.

it's clear he's done this more times than emma, and her stomach churns at the thought of luke doing this with another girl.

emma leans back and rests her hands on her thighs, biting down on her bottom lip nervously as her eyes shamefully trail down to his lips.