09. make-up sex

calum hood shyly tip-toed into ashton's room, where emma was snoring quietly. it was only nine in the morning, which was very early considering how late the group had gotten home last night. luke and ashton had been talking for quite some time now, and calum was afraid it would turn into another fight. he figured emma was the best bet for keeping the boys calm.

he was dreading having to tell her what had happened last night; that he had let it spill about luke and emma's little secret. but in his defense, ashton would have found out eventually, so calum just helped them out. at least that's what he would like to think.

ashton had abruptly woken luke up at eight thirty, because not only did they have a lot to talk about, but ashton found himself tossing and turning all night with thoughts of his best friend and his girl friend. ashton admired the bruise that was forming on luke's cheek, he wasn't exactly proud about what he did, but he acted on anger.

"emma" calum began shaking her lightly "wake up" he whispered. she woke up instantly, rubbing her eyes before noticing ashton wasn't next to her in bed. "mmm" she groaned, stretching her limbs and hearing a satisfying 'pop' as she did so. "why are you waking me up?" she questioned.

calum sighed and anxiously rubbed the back of his neck "don't hate me. I was drunk and it was an accident" his words put emma on edge as she crossed her legs and bit her lip in anticipation. "I might have told ashton that luke was keeping a secret from him, and that the secret was about you" he trailed off and shyly smiled at the girl, who wore a worried look on her face.

"oh no" she groaned, rubbing her forehead "please tell me luke didn't tell him what I think he told him" she pleaded, but calum's face told her everything she needed to know. "what did ashton say? was he mad?" she kept throwing questions at him, and suddenly had the urge to run home and hide out under a pile of blankets.

she had wanted to be the one to tell ashton when the time was right. he was probably furious with her. they had never been in an argument before, but she had a feeling this would be their first.

"he punched luke and stormed in here. we didn't hear from him until we heard luke and him shouting in the kitchen a couple minutes ago" he confessed while he rocked back and forth on his feet. "i'm sorry emma, I really am"

the girl gave calum a soft smile "you didn't do it on purpose. don't beat yourself up about it" she patted him on the back and walked towards the door. "stay in here while I talk to the boys, okay?" he nodded and watched emma walk into the kitchen.

both luke and ashton were startled when they head a door open and close. they hadn't expected anyone to be awake for a few more hours at least. both heads snapped towards emma when she stepped into the kitchen. if emma was good at anything, it was reading a room. and boy did they look mad. she felt her heart starting to beat at an abnormal pace as she gave the boys a nervous, close lipped smile.

"can we talk?" emma spoke up, directing her voice towards ashton who had a perfect scowl etched onto his face. "I think the three of us should all talk, actually" ashton gestured for emma to take a seat at the table and watched her as she sheepishly walked towards them and sat down in between luke and ashton.

luke wouldn't even look at her, but she could make out a small, purple bruise on his left cheek. she frowned, knowing ashton was the one who gave it to him. emma mentally cursed herself for thinking the bruise made luke look more attractive.

it was silent for a few moments, and it only made emma feel awkward and uncomfortable.

"look, ash - i'm so sorry" she began, keeping her voice at a hushed tone considering mikey was passed out on the couch in the next room over.