18. just fuck me

JUST FUCK ME

"i still can't believe you got married and didn't tell anyone!" emma exclaimed.

"at least i let you guys throw me a bachelorette party"

"yeah, after you were already married" emma replied with an eye roll.

the six friends (not including ashton) were huddled in a small booth at an 80's themed diner. there was a jukebox nestled in the corner, and the servers skated around with plastic trays as they delivered food and drinks to customers.

neon lights illuminated the otherwise dark building, with some elton john song playing softly in the background.

"i'm sorry, truly," maya said, scooching closer to michael as his arm fell loosely around her shoulders. "but i just couldn't have a wedding, i mean, my whole family staring at me? having to kiss michael in front of everyone? reading my vows to an entire room of people? i'd simply rather die"

the group mumbled incoherent responses, some agreeing with maya and others who didn't.

the waitress rolled over to the gang, placing a variety of milkshakes around the table before skating away.

everyone was now focused on sucking down their sweet drinks. emma had picked her typical strawberry, and gently nudged luke from beside her. "can i try yours?"

the blonde nodded, angling his chocolate milkshake so the straw was directly in front of her mouth.

she took a quick sip, licking her lips as luke tilted the cup back towards him.

the small girl tapped her fingers along the booth, eyeing her milkshake before focusing on luke's. a quiet sigh escaped her mouth, a sigh luke knew all too well.

he huffed after noticing emma's wandering gaze, mixed with her soft sigh. "you do this every time" luke pouted, sliding his milkshake in front of her and grabbing her strawberry one.

"it just tastes so much better when it's yours" the girl giggled, planting a kiss on luke's cheek before gulping down her new drink.

"you're lucky i love you"

"i love you more baby" emma sung.

"not possible, because i love you most" he teased.

with a nudge and a wink, luke and emma focused back on the group, hearing that they were still on the topic of weddings.

"i've always wanted a grand wedding, i'm talking flying doves, an entire orchestra playing as i walk down the aisle, the whole nine yards" ellie spoke dreamily, resting her face in her hands as she stared into space.

it was clear the girl had been planning her big day for years, and calum noticeably gulped beside her, growing fidgety as he wondered if ellie saw him standing at the end of the aisle waiting for her.

"my family was upset we eloped, considering i'm their only child and all, but if the wife is happy then i'm happy" michael grinned, clasping his hand with maya's as she looked at him in awe.

the men clearly had a lot less to say as the girls continued to ramble about their ideal weddings.

"call me crazy but i've always had my heart set on a destination wedding," emma gushed, pausing momentarily to sip her chocolate milkshake. "obviously with close friends and family only, but just picture getting married at sunset on a tropical island, pure heaven"