bonus - happy birthday Zoë

*this is a bit late but happy birthday Zoë Dumbledore! here is a short bonus on her special day*

Godric's Hollow. December 24, 1990

Zoë Dumbledore couldn't have been more excited than on that December morning. Because of her father, she knew that turning 11 was the best thing that could happen in her life. She knew of the wizarding world since her father told her about it when she had turned 8, and since then she was waiting for the day she would turn 11.

Although Zoë knew very well that she was just a muggle who would never receive her Hogwarts letter, it still felt amazing to be turning the age that all young wizards and witches waited for their entire lives, where they can finally go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

When she leaped out of bed and ran to the kitchen, Zoë beamed at the breakfast that was waiting for her. Aberforth, her father, had made her an unusual breakfast consisting of juice and tomato soup, but Zoë couldn't have picked a better breakfast.

"Happy Birthday my darling!" Aberforth shined with joy as he picked up his daughter and engulfed her in a tight hug. Zoë giggled as she nuzzled her face on her father's shoulder.

"I got you something special, but that will have to wait until later today. The cake will also be later so be prepared Zoë." 

"I can't wait!"

Aberforth smiled warmly at the smiling Zoë. He was so glad he had found her on that otherwise terrible day. And although he regretted every day not saving Alexandra, who Aberforth never told Zoë about, he is thankful to have at least saved the young Zoë.

Now she was the light in his life. The one that made him smile for the first time in ages.

As the day went by Aberforth carefully took her outside to play with the snow that was starting to fall. As childish as it was, Aberforth played with her by rolling around the snow and building a snowman with Zoë, which he learned to do by seeing the neighboring people do.

However, it only lasted a few minutes as Aberforth got paranoid and quickly took Zoë back to the cottage.

When the time finally came, Zoë hopped on her sit as Aberforth began to sing happy birthday, bringing in a birthday cake with exactly 11 candles on it. Zoë couldn't help but laugh at the attempt Aberforth was making to make everything as muggle like as possible, considering the fact that Aberforth wanted to learn for Zoë.

"You know you could have levitated the cake in. It would have been easier to do that while singing. It looks like you'll drop the cake any second." Aberforth gave a laugh, making Zoë laugh.

The room filled with nothing but happiness and bliss.

"Now come one darling," Aberforth said as he lowered the cake in front of Zoë. "Make a wish and blow out your candles." 

Zoë sat there quiet, thinking of what kind of wish she wanted to make. Finally, she closed her eyes and blew out her candles. Aberforth smiled, clapping as he took out a knife to start cutting the cake.

"So...what did you wish for?" Zoë smirked as she lightly punched her father on the arm.

"Don't be so nosey father! If I tell you it won't come true!" 

"Ah right. I'm sorry." Zoë laughed, taking the plate with a slice of cake on it that Aberforth cut for her.

There they talked and laughed, enjoying each other's company as darkness wrapped the town. Aberforth turned on the lights of the living room to present his gift to Zoë after they finished their cakes.

Zoë opened her gift as quickly as possible, practically ripping the gift itself.

"I hope it works with you. I wanted to get you something of the wizarding world since you are turning 11."

Zoë stayed there shocked at the gift.

Right there in front of her was a toy broom. She did not wait any longer to open the box it was in and take out the broom. When she got on, it was only able to lift a few inched off the ground, which made her feet still stay flat on the ground. However, Zoë did not care. She lifted her feet up and began to 'fly' around the living room. She started to laugh so much that her cheeks turned red. When she did get off she ran to her father, bringing him into a long hug.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Zoë jumped excitingly.

"Always for you my Zoë." Aberforth gave her a kiss on the cheek. He looked up at the time, mumbling something before picking up the toy broom. 

"Now off to bed. It's getting late. You can play around with your gift early tomorrow. We still have Christmas to celebrate anyway." Zoë nodded, kissing her father's cheek one last time, bidding him good night. 

When Zoë got to her room, she placed the broom in the corner of her room before making her way to her window. The snow was still falling, but it wasn't enough to blind her sight of the glowing moon and stars. It was the perfect birthday for Zoë.

She gave a radiate smile at the sky, her mind wondering.

So as the moon shone down on her face, she began to think about experiencing some big sense on independence.

Wouldn't it be a good way to end an amazing day by running in the snow one last time before bed?

Right?