nine

The Burrow

The Burrow. December 22, 1996.

"And you're sure about this?" Ronald Weasley questions Harry as he told Ron what he had heard during Slughorn's Christmas Party. Harry nodded, saying how he for sure is going to go to anyone who will be able to stop Snape Malfoy, Professor Dumbledore being top on that list.

"Yes, Ron. Snape even said that he made an Unbreakable Oath or something."

"Woah wait. An Unbreakable Vow? If you break one you die." Shivers were sent up Ron's spine as he recalled the one time Fred and George tried to make him do an Unbreakable Vow at just five years old, and he would have fallen for it if Arthur Weasley hadn't discovered them before they did. Mrs. Weasley entered telling the twin, who were already there, that Remus was to arrive soon and that Ginny would have to share with Fleur, which everyone knew would not be pleasant for the youngest Weasley.

Ron once again turned to Harry, indirectly asking if the Order would really believe Harry. Harry only hoped they did. He knew what he heard that day, and he wasn't going to let it go so easily.

++++++++++++++++++++

Hogwarts Castle. December 25, 1996.

For the first time in a while, Zoë slept through the night without any nightmares. It might have been due to the fact that she became so tired from all the crying she did the night before, mourning the 6th anniversary for her father's death, but it didn't matter as Zoë finally felt refreshed as she got out of bed.

Entering the office, she was presented with a large Christmas tree in the middle of the office, as well as presents underneath it. Zoë's eyes lit up as she wondered were all those presents came from.

"I hope you don't mind me spending some time with you today." Zoë turned around, facing her Uncle Albus as he brought out a few more gifts in his hands. Zoë only stared as he placed them under the tree.

"Uncle Albus, who are all those gifts for?" Her uncle laughed as he extended one of the gifts to her. "They're for you dear. Well, most of them are." Zoë couldn't hold in the excitement as she sat down next to her uncle, taking hold of the present Albus had given her.

"This one is from me." Her uncle almost said proudly. Zoë thanked him as she opened up the gift, revealing a bracelet made entirely out of yellow and black jewels. Zoë didn't remember telling her uncle she would have been a Hufflepuff if she was a witch, but she appreciated the gift nonetheless. The next few gifts were from the teachers who knew her and Evanora and Hermione. Finally, her Uncle Albus presented her last gift.

"You were to receive this last year, but you had left." Zoë bit her lip is guilt. Whispering a small sorry, slowly she opened the gift and gasped when she saw a bunch of photos. "I visited Aberforth's Inn a couple of weeks before Christmas last year and found these in the back. I hope you like them." Zoë picked out the first one she saw: a picture of her father smiling as he picked her up, pointing at the camera to have Zoë look at it and smile. Zoë went through all the moving pictures, her smile becoming brighter as she saw each one. 

"Thank you, uncle." Zoë hugged Albus tightly before going to her room and bringing out a gift for him. "It's not much, but I hope you like it." Albus took the gift, opening gently with his left hand, revealing a hand made dark blue scarf. 

"It took me forever to learn how to make that. You better appreciate it." Zoë said sarcastically as Albus took it out of the box and placed around his neck, thanking his niece for the lovely gift.

Both of them got up from the ground and Zoë smiled, the muggle truly feeling herself once again.

--------------------

***Just a bit of information: Zoë's birthday is on December 24th, but because that was the same day as when her father died, she refuses to celebrate it.***