four

**These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point

**These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point. This story will either mention past events or even skip over them completely. Please note that all the events from the DH book have happened here, some are just not written down. Again, please have at least knowledge of the events from DH before reading. Thank you***

Hog's Head Inn. May 1, 1998

August 1899

He has no remorse for what he has done.

Or so it seems. I believe he does not, for the way he looked at me, there was no sense of apology. Albus appeared at Ariana's funeral with a straight face.

"I'm sorry" He dared to say, but it was bland.

So I dared to give him a piece of my anger and sadness to him.

Albus walked away with his nose bloody and broken, my fist getting some of the blood. He had the nerve to leave my sister's funeral with that no good Grindelwald by his side as if his contribution to Ariana's death was all well and forgiven. 

It's not certain which spell was the one that killed Ariana, but I won't take my chances in guessing. To me, both are guilty. 

I swear that if Albus reappears to me again with the same face he presented at Ariana's funeral, 

He won't leave with just a broken nose.

The entry was short. The rest of the journal seemed to be filled with later projects for the pub and special recipes. Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at that one page over and over again, all of them not wanting to accept the fact that Albus could have accidentally killed his sister but then have no remorse for it. Harry looked up at Zoë, wanting to protest but held his tongue, seeing Zoë looking down at the journal with one hand over her mouth, tears running fast down her face.

Zoë looked up at Harry, then at the journal between all three of them. She immediately stood up, shaking.

"F...forget what I said before." She mumbled. "My uncle Albus should not be held down like this." She took the journal away from Hermione and placed it in the drawer. She quickly walked to the cupboard, taking out the box of Liquid Luck vials. 

"Here. Take the rest for tonight." She pushed the box to the trio. 

"But you need these," Harry said. Zoë shook her head, a sad laugh escaping her lips as she rubbed her thumb over the pages of the journal Dumbledore left her.

"No. Not anymore."

Zoë guided the three to the portrait of Ariana. With a simple nod exchange between the aunt and niece, Ariana walked away, coming back with two figures. When the portrait opened, it presented Neville Longbottom and Evanora Bones.

Holding hands, they both got out of the passageway, wide smiles spread on their faces.

"I knew you would come!" Neville said excitedly, with Evanora agreeing and tears running down her face. Both hugged the trio, but Harry couldn't help but look at the state of his friends.

Evanora had small cuts over her face and a piece of cloth went around her leg, red seeping out of it. Neville was worse, with bugger cuts all over his face and his eyes were swollen laced with purple.

"What happened to you two?" 

Evanora shook it as if she was used to it. "This is nothing. You should see Seamus. Now come on."

"Oh, Zoë," Neville addressed her was Evanora helped the group up onto the tunnel. "There will be more people coming. They'll apparate into the pub and direct them to the tunnel." Zoë nodded, saying her goodbyes to the group.

"Thank you, Zoë. You've saved us again." Harry, who was the last one to get into the tunnel, said. A warm smile spread on her face as she looked up at Harry's scar. Slowly, she lifted her left arm to his scar, going over it lightly. 

"This won't be the first time I save you. Now go." Confused, Harry did as told anyway, disappearing in the tunnel.

Zoë let out a sigh, sitting down once again. No matter how hard she tried to stay patient, the contents of the journal she was left with burned in her mind. The more seconds that passed the more time she felt was being wasted. 

She read over the journal again, making sure to go over every detail carefully.

Zoë now knew everything. 

And she knew what she had to do.