five

Outside Hogwarts Castle

Outside Hogwarts Castle. October 12, 1996

It was a snowy day, and Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley were walking back to Hogwarts after their first Hogsmeade. It wasn't a pleasant trip, as Harry had the unfortunate pleasure of discovering Mundungus for stealing items from Sirius's house.

Like it was a good thing for him that Sirius was dead.

Harry sighed as he felt a headache coming up. Leaving the Three Broomsticks they all walked behind Katie Bell and her friend back to the Castle.

It didn't take long for more chaos to occur.

Suddenly Katie Bell rose to the air and started to scream. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and her friend Leanne all stared horrified as she started to scream bloody mary. They tried to bring her down but nothing.

Going to get help, Harry ran into Hagrid and he went to see what had occurred.

"Everyone stay back. Tell me what happened Leanne." Gasping for air from crying, she pointed and blamed it on something on the ground. Harry picked it up with the paper around it and recognized it.

"I know what that is! I saw it ages ago on display at Borgin and Burkes. The label it had said it was cursed. This must be Draco. He was looking at it a long time ago. He must have remembered it and bought it." Harry told Ron.

"I dunno Harry...I mean anyone could have entered and gotten it. Beside Katie got it from a girl's bathroom." Harry couldn't believe it. All the evidence behind Draco being a certain death eater and plotting something and no one believed him? As everyone walked back to the castle, Harry was going to say something else but wasn't able to as Professor McGonagall had arrived to take the three to her office.

::::::::::

It has become normal for Zoë to wake up to nobody in the office. Her uncle Albus has been leaving for multiple days at a time on what Zoë liked to call "missions", even though her uncle has not told her where he has been going.

Well, more like Zoë hadn't asked.

Even though it's been months since it happened, Zoë still hadn't regained the emotions she felt before. She could somehow still feel Tom Riddle possessing her and Zoë just can't go through a day without feeling that pain. Maybe one day she will feel okay again.

Zoë sighed as she looked outside the windows in the office. It was snowing hard out there, just like that day in December.

Zoë turned away before she could process that thought. Before the snow meant so much to her, especially since her father would make her the best warm drinks called butterbeer whenever they got really cold.

Now the snow reminds her of Tom Riddle and the death of her father.

Zoë looked towards her father's desk. It was big and tall. Zoë never looked into it and wondered a bit what it held. Curiosity took hold as she walked to the desk, but suddenly she heard the stairs lift someone. She quickly ran to the side of the office and waited for whoever it was, since she knew that the people who knew the passcode were people who knew of Zoë's existence, so she didn't have to hide.

"Professor Dumbledore, I'm here to talk ab...oh hello Zoë." Zoë greeted McGonagall back as she shifted in her position. She wasn't as close to McGonagall as she was to Severus, but they could still hold a conversation somewhat.

"How are things, Ms. McGonagall?"

"Oh, they are good. That's sweet of you to ask Zoë." Zoë smiled slightly as McGonagall looked to the desk, finding no one there.

"Is your uncle not here?" Zoë shook her head. McGonagall nodded as she bid her goodbye and walked out.

Zoë sighed. She was alone again. Looking at the clock nearby, she wondered why McGonagall was looking for her uncle at 11:30 P.M. Seeing how late it was, however, she took a chance and left the office to go to the Room of Requirments. Maybe there she could find something to do.

The Halls were as quiet as the office, and Zoë knew that the Room of Requirments would be too. She really didn't understand why she was walking to a bigger quiet place, but she felt like it was the place to be.

 Getting there, she opened it to be presented with the same room with the stacks of mess. Zoë sighed. It has gotten more painful for her to get the cabin ever since she saw Tom Riddle again.

Zoë walked until she felt she was at the right place to relax. Sighing, she sat and relaxed slightly and at the sight of the room full of mess. It was like in every corner there was something there.Suddenly, the door opened closed. Hurried footsteps followed until they reached the girl with closed eyes.

Draco Malfoy looked down on the girl. Of course, she was there when he was trying to work on something. Draco cleared his throat, slightly starling Zoë.

"Oh...oh um...Hi."
"Get out."

Zoë got taken back by his attitude. She was there first so it was rude of him to kick her out. Instead of saying anything sassy, however, she stood up, brushing off any dirt that could have gotten on her clothes.

"I'll go to a different area if you would like, but I want to stay." Draco suddenly took out his wand and pointed it at Zoë.

"Listen here. Leave before I force you to leave." Zoë stared at the wand, trying hard not to get afraid of it like last time. Draco, in an attempt to scare her a bit and have her leave, blasted a spell at a nearby object.

Instantly Zoë screamed loud and fell to the ground, flashes of Tom Riddle passed through her head. Hot tears flowed down her cheeks as she shook in place and didn't move.

Draco didn't expect that. He expected at least a slight jump and running away, but not this. Draco just lowered his wand and stared at the girl in front of him, loss of words.Of course he didn't know what to do. He doesn't know how to handle these sorts of things.

"I'm...I.."

All that was heard in the room was the crying coming from Zoë. Footsteps were heard clicking away, followed by the opening and closing of the door. Draco had left.

Zoë did her best to calm herself down. She felt stupid for crying at a spell...

But that's what happens when the first spell she ever experiences towards her was meant to harm her.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it's a boring one so I hope others to come are better written. Sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes and stay safe everyone.