nineteen

Zoë's Room

Zoë's Room. June 30, 1997

Zoë woke up early in the night, a green tint over her eyes. She tried to rub it from her eyes but the green was still there. Confused, she went to the window where it was coming from. She looked up, catching sight of some strange green stars over the top of the castle, making an image of a skull with a snake coming out of its mouth. The symbol brought a strange sense of pain through her body, but she didn't know why.

After looking at it for some time, she decided to tell her uncle about it.

However, something caught her eye before she could turn around to her door.

Zoë screamed in horror as she saw in the far Astronomy Tower, a small figure falling out from it. It was too far away to see who it was exactly, but the dark shadow definitely had a figure of a human body. She watched in horror as the body reached a point where the other towers got in the way, blocking any sign of the person reaching the ground.

Zoë ran out, panting hard. She made her way to her uncle's bedroom door, knocking loudly on it.

"Uncle Albus! A student has fallen from the Astronomy Tower. They need help please come out quickly." Zoë waited for a response but nothing. The door was locked as well.

Zoë was still frantic, knocking harder.

"Uncle wake up!" But nothing. Zoë sighed, anxious feelings growing in her chest.

"I...I'm going to go get help." Zoë quickly wrote a note of where she would be and slid it under Albus's bedroom door. "I'll meet you over there okay?" Zoë made her way to the office exit, making her way through the halls to get someone as quickly as possible. 

"My my my who do we have here?" Zoë stopped when she saw a man pointing a wand at her, making his way closer. The man wore black robes a silver mask, his lifted arm presenting a mark similar to the one Zoë saw in the sky.

The man laughed as he lifted his wand higher. 

"Cruci---" Suddenly the man was blasted back, following unconscious. Zoë looked at the source of the spell, seeing a scared McGonagall. 

"Zoë find a place to hide quickly!"

"Minerva wait there is a stu---"

McGonagall interrupted her once more, begging her to find a place to stay say.

She said a battle had begun.

The more Zoë ran to get outside, feeling as though the safety of whoever fell of the tower was more important than hiding. 

She hadn't even realized her shoes were covered in blood.

She made it outside to the Hogwarts grounds, seeing dark figures up ahead. A pair was walking behind a group of others, while a single figure ran behind them. Zoë ran closer, trying to be heard. A figure stopped and turned around, while the figure from way behind shot a spell, barely missing the taller figure.