eight

Room of Requirements

Room of Requirements. May 1, 1998

"Look who it is. I told you all!"

The Room of Requirements burst in sound as Neville, Harry, Hermione, and Ron got out of the passageway connecting the Room with the Hog's Head. People surrounded the trio with multiple 'Harrys'', 'Hermiones'', and 'Rons'', before feeling himself get engulfed with hugs. 

"So is everything true? About what the said about Gringotts?"Said Ernie Macmillan.

"It is!" Neville answered. "And about the dragon too." There were a few claps as Ron bowed confidently. Harry, however, couldn't seem to focus as much as he wanted to. All that his mind was on were the Horcruxes, and how he still needed to find Ravenclaws Diadem.

His thoughts were interrupted when Luna and Dean appeared through the tunnel, and a few seconds later, so did Fred, George, Lee Jordan, Ginny, and Cho Chang.

"That Zoë girl seems pleasant. Never knew she existed until now." Fred joked, turning to Neville. "Where were you hiding her?"

"What? I wasn't hiding her. She came out of nowhere for me as well, twice now that I remember."

Harry turned to Hermione and Ron, ignoring the conversation happening between Neville and Fred about Zoë. "Listen. We need to find that Horcrux and fast. I don't know how long it's going to take but all I know is that we don't have much time."

"Yes, you're right," Hermione said, turning to the group of Hogwarts students behind them. "But we don't know where to look for it. We are going to have to ask the others." Harry sighed. Although he didn't want anyone else to know what was up with them disappearing for a secret mission, Hermione was right. Defeated, he turned around to face the others.

"There's something we need to find. Something --- that can help us defeat You-Know-Who. We know it's her at Hogwarts, belonging to Ravenclaw. Has anyone heard of this object?" Harry turned hopefully to the Ravenclaws, but just saw faces of confusion.

"If you're talking about what I think you are." Luna spoke up, "it's the lost diadem of Ravenclaw. Daddy's been trying to duplicate it. But that's just the thing it's-"

"Lost. Many centuries ago." Cho Chang finished for her. Harry couldn't mask his worry. They were so close to getting all the Horcruxes, and now the one that they believed to be the last one hasn't been seen for many years ago. 

"If you want to see what the diadem looked like at least, the statue of Ravenclaw. She's wearing it." Harry couldn't answer as his scar suddenly burned, showing the earth below him passing by quickly, the snake wrapped around his shoulder.

"He's close," Harry said once he was able to ground himself. "There is no time to standby. I'll go look at the statue while you two" He turned to his best friends "Keep the...other one...safe." Hermione and Ron nodded as Harry made his way to Luna, asking her to guide him after Ginny suggested her. He placed both of them under the invisibility cloak, making their way through the passageway to exist the Room of Requirements.

::::::::::

Zoë closed the journal her Uncle Albus left her and let it sit on her lap. She was glad the first few pages she read when she got the journal were about the two prophecies, which she never knew about until now. When Harry, Hermione, and Ron left with Neville, Zoë went back to the journal and read the rest of it, learning so much about questions she never had answers to.

In her desperate ache for answers, Zoë finished the journal filled to the end with information in ten minutes, finally knowing everything. 

It didn't take long for Zoë to hear cracking noises downstairs, knowing it was the people Fred Weasley, a relative of Harry's friend Ron, said were coming along with some missing friends of Neville. Nonetheless, Zoë took out her fake wand and cautiously made her way downstairs.

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" Zoë heard a women's smooth voice say.

"Fred said to apparate here." Another voice said, belonging to a man. Zoë reached the end of the stairs, facing six people; a big dark man, a smaller one with scars covering his face and in baggy clothes, a pair of what looked like a married couple with red hair, and two others, one with the same bright hair but with massive scars on his face, and a beautiful woman with radiant blonde hair.

"This way," Zoë whispered to the group. All of them turned around, surprised to see a girl in the pub.

Zoë led them upstairs, making their way to the portrait of Ariana.

"Who are you exactly?" The man with the red hair and scars said. Zoë let out a smile, extending her hand.

"Zoë Dumbledore. A pleasure to meet you all."

"Dumbledore?" The woman with the red hair said. "Albus never had children."

"Aberforth did," Zoë answered. "Well...technically he did." 

"Care to explain?" The dark tall man asked. Zoë couldn't help but let a giggle escape her lips.

"There's no time. There is a war." Zoë let Ariana reveal the passageway leading to the Room of Requirements.

"You'll meet with Fred and the rest at the other end of the passageway." Although the adults had expressions of confusion, one by one they entered the passageway, leaving the redhead couple last.

"Molly Weasley. And this is my husband, Arthur." Molly finally said. Zoë smiled.

"Ron's parents? Well, you better get going to join him." Both of their eyes widened.

"Ron's here?" Zoë nodded. 

Molly quickly entered the tunnel, followed closely behind by Arthur. As Zoë started to close the portrait, she heard Arthur speak. "Aren't you coming?"

"No Mr. Weasley. Not yet."