fourteen

Department of Mysteries

Department of Mysteries. June 18th, 1996

Zoë Dumbledore ran back and forth trying her best to fight back without getting hit by a spell.. There was nothing she could do as a muggle.She didn't have magic and no kind of human strength could ever go against powerful magic and she knew that well. But at least she wanted to try.

Harry Potter and the rest of the group kept on battling with the Death Eaters, blocking their spells and blasting their own on them.

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

"STUPEFY!"

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!"

Zoë kept on pushing on the Death Eaters to have them fall for a bit,  making them vulnerable for just a second, long enough for them to be hit by a spell.

Back and forth the fighting kept going, with Zoë still holding on tight to the blue orb and her cloak as well as pushing on unexpected Death Eaters, continuing after another group showed up. Zoë pauses for a second and to see who they were saw adults popping up, one even with a weird eye.

That was a mistake on Zoë's part.

In not even a second Zoë felt herself stiffen up and she fell to her side. She tried to move but she couldn't. She got hit with a spell and was as stiff as a rock. All around her people kept tripping on her, not knowing she was there because of the Invisibility Cloak, but they were too busy to ponder on it and continued fighting.

Zoë could only watch now, as the fighting continued. She wondered why she even let herself get to this point, and how she was going to find her Uncle Albus in this state. She could only see as Harry held down a boy who didn't seem to be in the best state.

Zoë turned to a man with shoulder length hair and the crazy women from earlier, whom she figured out was named Bellatrix. The man strangely started to laugh as the two continued to battle.

"Come on, you can do better than that."

Zoë saw in horror as an all too familiar spell was shot from Bellatrix's wand. She saw in horror as the mans face still contained a slight smile, but his face was full of shock. Zoë saw in horror, as the man slipped into the veil, taking him away forever.

Harry quickly let go of Neville, whom he was holding, and started running to the veil yelling out "SIRIUS! SIRIUS!" But no answer came his way. Another man with baggy clothes came to Harry and hugged him from behind, also crying with Harry. Zoë started to cry as well. She almost felt the pain that Harry Potter was feeling at that moment, with the loss of someone you cared about. Zoë could only watch as Harry continued to yell of for Sirius, and the other man trying to hold him back.

"He can't come back Harry. He can't come back because he's de-"

"HE IS NOT DEAD!" Harry continued to yell as the man dragged him away from the veil. Away from the last place he would ever see his godfather alive.