epilogue

Hogwarts Castle

Hogwarts Castle. May 2, 1998

Lord Voldemort has fallen.

The Castle was silent. The people who fought against Voldemort sat in shock, finally able to rest after years of war.

Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, and Evanora Bones sat next to each other, Harry holding tight to his recently repaired wand. None of them spoke a word, until Draco Malfoy showed up, sitting down next to Hermione.

"So...what did Madam Pomfrey say?" Hermione asked. Draco sighed.

"She's still breathing, but no she hasn't woken up yet." Draco buried his face in the palm of his hands, is back starting to shake. Evanora stood up and have Draco a tight hug. "It's going to be okay. She will wake up, just like how she did twice before."

The only one who couldn't seem to talk was Harry, who shifted in his spot, suddenly feeling something in his pocket. He went to reach for it, retrieving the small journal Dumbledore left Zoë. He looked at it confused.

"How did this get here...?" He whispered to himself, thinking about how she could have done it while under the Invisibility Cloak. He opened it, and wasn't surprised to see it empty, since a Dumbledore wasn't opening it. Instead, he flipped through the pages, the last page catching his eye.

"Guys...look at this." Draco, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Evanora huddled in front of the last page of the journal, which had writing on it. 

There was just one phrase on it, followed by a signature.

Don't be sad because I'm gone, be happy that I once lived.

~Zoë Dumbledore

++++++++++

King's Cross. September 1, 2017

"Be careful James." Ginny could be heard saying loudly to her son, who was running excitedly to the train. Following them were Harry, Lilly, and Albus Potter. Harry could only smile as he saw his wife help James place his suitcase on the train. He waved as she saw, through the slight mist, and figures of his two best friends Hermione and Ronald Weasley, who were also dropping of their daughter Rose to the train.

"Parked all right? I did. Hermione didn't believe I could pass a Muggle driving test. She thought I would have to Confound the examiner." Hermione smirked.

"Of course not, I had complete faith in you." 

"I did Confound him," Ron whispered to Harry. Harry laughed.

"Looks like James is excited to have Alice finally join him this year." Ginny, who just arrived at Harry's side, said. Harry shook his head at the sight of James Sirius Potter screaming the daughter of Neville and Evanora's name. Harry could see Alice Zoë Longbottom roll her eyes, but smiling as she hugged James.