seven

Room of Requirements

Room of Requirements. December 3rd, 1995

It had been two days since Zoë had left her uncle's office. She had no desire of going back but was confused as to why she wasn't found yet. Her uncle was smart, and would know where she could have gone. But for whatever reason she managed to stay in the room for this long. The room supplied her with what she needed, so she always had food in hand and a bathroom in the corner to shower and other things. 

But after a while, she felt a shift in the room. It was around 5:30 pm that day and the room started to shake. Zoë got up from where she was sitting and grabbed the Invisibility Cloak out of impulse. She placed it around her and that's when she saw the room change from her cabin interior to the DA meeting place. Wide eyed Zoë ran to the corner she had sat on last time. As soon as she did students started to walk in. 

Zoë saw Hermione and Evanora come in, whispering to themselves with worried expressions on their faces. Zoë got up and walked as quiet as she could beside them and heard them speak.

"Gosh if what Professor Dumbledore said is true Zoë could be anywhere." Hermione said, her eyes becoming glossy.

"I'm getting worried. We should look for her after this meeting is over." Evanora had answered back. Both of them nodded at each other and continued talking. Zoë tried to catch their attention but Harry Potter had gotten theirs first. Zoë quickly went back to her spot as people went to their places to start casting what Harry called a Patronus Spell. Zoë saw in amazement as people started cast silver spells throughout the room, most of them turning into animals that represents the person.

Zoë longed to know what her Patronus would be if she were able to cast one. She came up with a Phoenix like Fawkes, strong yet elegant.

As the lesson went on, Zoë kept on examining Harry Potter. Every movement he did was swift and smooth, like her had been doing this for years. His confidence filled the whole room and radiated to the other students, who also expressed confidence in what they did. They were learning things that the school had not provided them, and it really showed through their work how much defense against the dark arts meant to them.

It almost made Zoë...Jealous. 

Soon enough the lesson ended. People started to walk out as Harry bid them farewell. Hermione and Ron walked behind Harry to talk to him only to see him staring at Cho Chang, who was looking at herself in the mirror a little too long. Hermione said that she would meet him in the common room and her and Ron left Harry alone with Cho (and Zoë).

Zoë looked at them like she was watching a romance movie that has reached its romance climax. Out of pure entertainment Zoë plucked a mistletoe that had been placed on the bookcase and hung it over the mirror both Harry and Cho were standing in front of without them realizing. As the continued talking the mistletoe started to grow, catching the attention of Cho.