eight

Hogwarts Castle

Hogwarts Castle. December 18, 1996

The halls were quiet when Draco left the Slytherin Common Room. Carefully, he snuck his way to the Room of Requirements, knowing exactly what he had to do. The year was almost over and soon he would have to through with his mission. Him and him alone had to do it.

Draco worked hard on the Vanishing Cabinet. He had to make it work or else he would surely get killed. However, someone was helping him relieve stress and for once feel normal again.

When he entered the Room of Requirement, Draco smiled as sitting on top of a pile of papers was Zoë, who looked like she had just woken up.

Draco went up to her and slightly pulled on her dangling legs, which caused a small yell to come from Zoë. Draco laughed as Zoë hopped off the pile and hit his shoulder.

"Don't scare me like that again Draco." Zoë smiled as the white-haired boy laughed a bit more before calming down.

Ever since that day in November, the two have been running into each other more and room in the room. At first, they would ignore each other and just stay as far as they could, which wasn't impossible in the seemingly never-ending room, but after Zoë came in one day and offered some sweets as a thank you for the chocolate frog to Draco, slowly they started to talk more and more.

Draco never intended to get close to someone, especially during times like these, but he couldn't help but get close to the sweet mysterious girl he met in the Room of Requirements.

And with Draco's mission and the more and more absences of Albus Dumbledore, the two were there frequently. But neither of them knew of each other's reasons for being there so late in the night.

"I figured you would come today." Zoë took out a baggie of sugar quills she saved from the night before when Dobby sent some over to her. "I wanted to bring you some chocolate since I know they're your favorite, but they would have melted." Zoë said as she opened the bag and handed a sugar quill to Draco, who took it without any hesitation.

"No this is fine. Thank you, Zoë." Zoë gave him a warm smile as they enjoyed the sweets. They both sat down on the floor as they ate more and more until there were no more sugar quills left.

"So, are you still jealous about Slughorn?" Zoë said, looking at Draco who only huffed in disbelief.

"Who said I was jealous?" Zoë laughed as Draco tried to keep a straight and serious face. "Oh come one Draco from what you've told me you're oozing with jealously." Draco pouted slightly as he crossed his arms and shook his head. Zoë lifted her hands in defeat.

"Alright alright, you're not jealous." They stayed quiet for a bit as they looked around the room, Zoë noticing a big cabinet. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Zoë stood up to bid her farewells. Before she could leave Draco stopped her.