sixteen

Dumbledore's Office

Dumbledore's Office. April 21, 1997

It felt like hours before Zoë felt any movement coming from both Harry and her uncle Albus. She saw her uncle start to lift his head from the bowl. Zoë quickly left from under the desk and hid behind one of the pillars behind the desk, feeling that it would be better there than at the desk.

And she was right. Dumbledore quickly made his way to his desk, seating himself down in the area where Zoë had just left. A few seconds later Harry lifted his head from the bowl and turned around, facing the already seated headmaster. Harry walked up to him and took a seat in front of him.

All the headmasters and headmistresses in the portraits surrounding the office were awake and silent, wanting to listen in to the conversation that Dumbledore and Harry were about to have.

"Dumbledore. I must say something." Phineas Black, one of the old headmasters, suddenly said from his portrait.

"Not now Phineas. Harry and I have important matters to discuss." Dumbledore said, not even facing the portrait.

"But Dumbledore, your n..."

"Phineas. Later." The former headmaster scoffed, expressing a sarcastic "fine" before finally keeping quiet, still wanting to listen to the conversation. Dumbledore sighed before placing his complete focus on the issue.

"I have been hoping for this piece of evidence for a very long time. It confirms the theory that I've been thinking about for many months, and also shows how very far there is still to go..." Zoë stood still, her heart beating fast. She was starting to regret listening in to their conversation. She clearly had no part of it.

"Well, Harry. I'm sure you are aware of the importance of that memory. Around the same age you are now, Tom Riddle was doing all he could be understand how to make himself immortal."

Zoë gasped, quickly placing her hands over her mouth to prevent any sound from escaping. She hadn't heard the name Tom Riddle in a long time, and just hearing his name sent chills down her whole body.

Zoë couldn't control her trembling, thinking about that evil man being immortal.

The conversation went on between the boy who lived and the wise man. Zoë tried her best to understand, but it was clear that all the information being discussed already had lots of details from previous conversations. Only a few words stuck out to Zoë but she didn't know why.

Horcruxes.

Prophecy.

Voldemort.

The more the two talked, the more small Zoë felt. Never did she know what her uncle did when he left the castle for some periods of time, and never did she know that her uncle almost died due to a cursed ring and that Severus saved him.