five

**These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point

**These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point. This story will either mention past events or even skip over them completely. Please note that all the events from the DH book have happened here, some are just not written down. Again, please have at least some knowledge of the events from DH before reading. Thank you***

Hogwarts Castle. August 1, 1997

After her Uncle Albus's funeral, Zoë had decided to stay in the bedroom in the Headmaster's Office. Even though Evanora said that it was dangerous to stay there. Zoë didn't know where else to go. She contemplated writing to Ron somehow to accept his offer to stay with his family but thought otherwise. 

But that morning, when she looked out the window to see three men dressed in black robes looking around the outside of the Castle, Zoë knew it was best to leave. She packed as much as she could in an old bag she found in the drawer of her Uncle's desk before finally leaving the office for the last time. 

Zoë realized it wouldn't be smart to leave the Castle through the outside, as there could be other people she didn't see nearby who could see her. Running as fast as she could through the halls, it finally hit her.

Ariana's tunnel to the Hog's Head. 

Making her way through the halls, she made her way to the Room of Requirements, reaching the door just as she heard loud footsteps coming closer. Signs were placed in the room, pointing to the tunnel to the Inn.

Zoë crawled through. It felt like forever until she made it to the other side. Pushing Ariana's portrait open, she got off and placed the portrait back, looking at her aunt.

"Hi, Aunt Ariana." Ariana smiled at her as Zoë made her way downstairs. Looking around the place, she saw that it was empty. The barman must have left in a hurry after the death of the man that basically placed protection over the people of Hogsmeade. Zoë didn't blame him; evil was present now.

Walking to the back, she saw plenty of food in stock, as a few piled boxes. However, one stood out, with the initials Z.D. on them. She opened the box and looked confused at all the little vials she found, as well as a note above them. She picked up the note, reading over the words that came from Dumbledore.

My dear Zoë,

I have asked Severus to make you dozens of vials of Liquid Luck. You will need them for your safety and I do hope it helps. Please do remember that the potion is highly toxic if taken too much at once, so please take these as sparingly as possible.

I love you.

Albus

Zoë didn't know what it was, but the note brought no tears. She was completely numb to all the things around her from just that one day.