two

***These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point

***These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point. This story will either mention past events or even skip over them completely. Please note that all the events from the DH book have happened here, some are just not written down. Again, please have at least knowledge of the events from DH before reading. Thank you***

Hogsmeade. May 1, 1998

The trio's feet landed on the dark path of Hogsmeade. Harry, being close to relaxing his hold on his two friends under the Invisibility Cloak, suddenly heard a loud scream. Harry thought it sounded just like Voldemort.

The door of the Three Broomsticks opened, a group of men in hooded cloaks pouring out the door, wands in hand.

"Stop!" One of them yelled. "Everyone look around. It seems like we have a visitor." A twisted smile spread on his face as a few of the men ran, looking around.

"We know you're here Potter. No point in hiding."

"There's no point in running," Harry whispered to Hermione and Ron beside him. "I reckon they've done something to trap us."

"Get the dementors." The trio heard another Death Eater call out. "Let them have some fun." Their surroundings turned dark and cold as the dementors circles around them. Harry lifted his wand. He would not surrender to the Dementor's kiss. With Ron and Hermione in his mind, he gripped his wand. 

"Expecto Patronum." The silver stag escaped from his wand and charged towards the dementors, who scattered away from the Patronus.

"There! I saw his stag Patronus!" Death Eaters began to make their way to the area where Harry, Ron, and Hermione were. Harry looked around for where to go but instead heard a voice.

"Harry. Quick! In here!" Harry obeyed, making his way, along with the other two, to the open door where the voice came from.

"Go upstairs and stay quiet." The figure said. The trio made their way up, hearing the voices from outside. The person helping them looked unfamiliar. It certainly wasn't the tall young man who was the barman during his Hogwart days. The person wore a hood, which made it more difficult to see who it was. All Harry could see clearly was a wand in their hand.

"If you sent dementors down my way, of course I'd use my Patronus to send them back! I will not have them near me!"

"That wasn't your Patronus! It was Potter's stag!" The Death Eater shouted back.

"Stag?" The person contradicted back. "Can you idiots not tell the difference between a Stag and Goat?"

"That was no goat." The Death Eater said with less confidence but regaining it quickly. "The alarm went off, you heard the noise!"

"If I want to let my bunny hop around the area I'll let it. I don't care about your dumb curfew. I'd keep my mouth shut if I were you, or else my supplies and pub will not be available to you!"

"Why you little-" One of the Death Eaters started but was interrupted by another.

"Ok fine. But don't think we'll be this kind if this happens next time, you and your stag Patronus."

"It's a goat you imbeciles!" The person yelled out as the Death Eaters seemed to walk away. A few moments later the hooded figure appeared upstairs, panting and clutching their wand tight, their knuckles white.

"What are you doing here?" The person said, their voice cracking.

"Thank you," Harry said to the still hooded figure. "You saved us." The person sighed, finally taking off their hood.

The person, rather a girl, presented herself with cuts all over her face, ones seeming fresh and others that were mostly scars. Their brown hair was cut short bluntly and unevenly as if they had used a dull knife to cut off as much hair as possible. Their clothes looked old and dirty, with them loosely hanging on her body as if they had once fit but now have become too big for her body. The weight loss of visible in her face, as her eyes were sunken and her cheekbones were greatly visible. Her left arm was also wrapped in cloth that seemed to have come from other clothes.

The girl looked at them before turning around, sighing once more.

"Sit down. I'll bring you all some food." The girl left the room, appearing a few moments later with bread and cheese. The trio, who hadn't eaten much in the past few days, indulgenced in the amount of food they received.

"So I guess Dobby helped you out." The girl finally spoke out. The trio looked up, shocked.

"How...how did you know about that?" Hermione asked. The girl turned around, retrieving a piece of glass from the drawer next to her. Harry gasped.

"It was you? The one looking through the glass?" The girl nodded, placing the glass beside her.

"The old barman kept it in the back. When he ran away he left it here." The girl said before placing the mirror back in its place. "But we have more important matters to talk about. We have to find a way to have you escape without being caught. How about this; leave as soon as the curfew ends under your cloak and Disapparate somewhere. Just get far away from here as possible."

"No!" Harry protested immediately. "We can't leave. We need a way to get into Hogwarts."

"Are you stupid?" The girl said with a disgusted expression on her face. "The place is filled with Death Eaters. You'd be walking into your own grave."

"You don't understand! Dumbledore wanted us to-" 

Suddenly the girl stood up, fury all over her face.

"Oh yeah, the "wise man"" The girl mocked. "All the things he truly wanted were for his own personal greed! I don't trust that man and you, if your brain even functions, shouldn't either!"

"Don't speak about Dumbledore like that! You don't understand!" Although Harry had major reconsiderations about Dumbledore and his ideals, he still trusted him.

"Like hell I don't understand him." The girl made her way to the drawer again, this time pulling out a journal, throwing it to Harry's chest. "All the things Albus has done in his life are here. You'll see just how sick of a man you hero really is." 

"I don't care about th-"

"Save it Potter!" The girl was now panting harder than ever, her whole body shaking. "Save yourself and get Dumbledore out of your mind before you regret it." 

Pause. 

"I know I do."