three

**These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point

**These last chapters require knowledge of events from the DH book before this time point. This story will either mention past events or even skip over them completely. Please note that all the events from the DH book have happened here, some are just not written down. Again, please have at least knowledge of the events from DH before reading. Thank you***

Hog's Head Inn. May 1, 1998

"You regret trusting him? Who even are you?" Harry clapped back. The girl sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I thought you three would have recognized me by now, but I guess I have to make it obvious." The girl fumbled with the fabric on her left arm, revealing what was underneath.

A lightning scar.

The trio gasped, looking up at the girl, who now looked embarrassed by the sudden exposure.

"Is it really you Zoë?!" Hermione spoke out first.

"Yeah...it's m-" Zoë was interrupted by Hermione crashing into her, bringing her into a tearful hug.

"Oh Zoë you have no idea how much I've missed you. Whatever happened to you?" 

"A war."

Zoë's voice cracked as she gave Hermione a weak hug back before letting go, facing Harry and Ron.

"You can use magic now?" Ron asked, pointing at the wand Zoë left on her seat. She gave a small laugh.

"No Ron, I can't. The wand's fake, giving the illusion that I'm a witch."

"Then how were you able to trick those death eaters before without using magic?" Zoë stood up, making her way to a small cabinet behind Harry, taking out a large box of many vials full of a clear liquid.

"When I escaped to my father's pub back in July, I found that the barman who took over after my father's death was gone, and this box full of vials of Liquid Luck was left just for me. Apparently, Albus knew I would come here after his death and had Severus make me tons of Liquid Luck and kept it in the back. They are highly toxic when in high dosages, however, so I take a bit every Friday. You're lucky I had just taken my dose before you three arrived." Zoë placed the box back and faced the group again.

"I don't understand though. How did you manage to stay here? Liquid Luck can only do so much?" Hermione asked. Harry just kept silent.

"I provide a place to meet and make potions for them." Zoë looked at Harry, who had anger written all over his face. "For my survival, not because I support their cause."

"But...muggles can't make Potions," Hermione asked.

"I know. Draco makes them."

The trio all looked at her, an identical "What!?" coming from all of them.

A small blush appeared on Zoë's pale cheeks as she started to play with the fabric on her pants. "He makes them for me so that when the Death Eater's come in, they receive them thinking I've made them. Draco knows I'm a muggle and still decided to help me." The blush grew a deep red, before going away completely as Zoë remembered something. 

"I suggest who three read that journal." She pointed at the journal in Harry's hand. "You'll see what your "hero" is really like." Harry passed the journal to Hermione, not wanting to open it, as he feared what he would read about the person who has helped him through so much. With a cough and directions from Zoë to go to page 16, Hermione went to start reading out loud but was stopped by Harry.

"Before you start," Harry opened Hagrid's pouch, taking out the small journal with the golden phoenix symbol from Dumbledore's will. "We believe this belongs to you."

Zoë extended her hand, taking hold of the journal. The trio watched in surprise as Zoë opened it, the blank pages beginning to fill with words. Zoë looked up.

"Why don't you three read that while I read this?" Zoë looked down and began reading. Hermione shuffled a bit to the side to be closer to Ron and Harry so that all three were in view of the journal. Although Harry didn't want to read it, the first few words made him stick for the rest.

August 1899

He has no remorse for what he has done.

--------------------

***Note that all of this is happening in only minutes.***

***They have the battle to fight that night after all***