twelve

Gryffindor Common Room

Gryffindor Common Room. March 1, 1997

"Happy Birthday Ron. Here, have a present." Harry threw the present onto the pile of gifts that Ron had near his bed as soon as he woke up. Ron took the gift, thanking Harry for the new pair of Quidditch Keeper Gloves he had given him. Harry, however, was not paying attention as he rummaged through his trunk, throwing everything to the side until he got to the Marauder's Map. 

"Sweet! Evanora got me a new pair of shoes for Quidditch." Harry paused, turning around to Ron.

"Whatever happened to her anyway? Haven't seen her around lately." Ron shrugged as he went for a gift from his Mum and Dad.

"Last time I saw her she told me she was preparing herself to start studying for the N.E.W.T exams next year. Ravenclaws I tell you...probably 10 feet deep in books right about now." Harry nodded, his curiosity dying down as he sat on his bed, tapping the map with his wand and saying the keywords to reveal its content. Looking through the map it was clear that Malfoy was not in bed.

"Woah! Seriously good presents this year. I didn't know turning of age would be this exciting." Ron stated proudly, looking at the new gold watch he had gotten from his parents. Harry had no intention of being attentive, only muttering a word here and there as Ron continued to go through his gifts. 

Ron offered a treat from one of his gifts to Harry, a box full of Chocolate Cauldrons. Harry delined, yelling out that Malfoy disappeared again. Harry just couldn't figure out what was going on. Ron stood up excited, having eaten a good helping of those Chocolate Cauldrons.

"Come on Harry lets go eat. We wouldn't want to Apparate without...e...eating..." Harry tapped on the map, closing it and getting dressed for breakfast. Harry turned around, asking if Ron was ready, However, Ron only looked at the box in a dream state, leaning against one of the windows.

"I don't feel like eating." Harry looked at him confused.

"But you just said a second ago that you wanted to eat." Ron turned to Harry, walking up to him in a daze.

"I can't stop thinking about her Harry...I'm in love. Do you think she knows a exist?" Ron smiled looked up to nowhere.

"I would hope you two having stopped snogging for months." Harry tried to step back but Ron kept getting closer to his side.

"Snogging? Who are you talking about." 

"...Lavender? Who are you talking about." A goofy smile spread on Ron's lips as he once again started off to nowhere. "Why Romilda Vane of course." Harry has just about enough of this whole situation but decided to just play it off.

"Ah ha ha ha very funny joke...It's not funny...just drop it." Harry turned around, but suddenly stopped when he felt something come in contact with the right side of his face. Turning back around he saw Ron, ready to strike again

Out of defense, Harry took out his wand, casting a spell causing Ron to be lifted in the air by one leg.

"What the hell has gotten into you?"

"You insulted her that's what gotten into me." Harry was frustrated. I really did not understand what was going and his anger about the whole Malfoy disappearing act had not placed him in a good mood to begin with. Looking down, Harry spotted the box of Chocolate Cauldrons lying on Ron's bed. It didn't take long to put two and two together. 

Ron had eaten the Chocolate Cauldrons Romilda Vane gave Harry during Christmas, the ones laced with a love potion.

"Prat..." Harry whispered as he lowered Ron down rather forcefully, but it didn't take long for Ron to recover.

He just watched rather pathetically at his best friend, whos goofy smile didn't help the situation at all. 

Suddenly, Harry got an idea.

"Hey, Ron. Why don't I introduce you to Romilda? She should be in Professor Slughorn's office right now."

::::::::::

This was the first time Zoë was trying to do something this idiotic.

Zoë got dressed and, noticing her uncle wasn't there that morning, decided to go to the Room of Requirements. It was early, and a Saturday even worse. She could have easily been spotted. 

Zoë noted that breakfast was around this time, and decided that in the idea that all the students ate breakfast, the halls would be completely clean with only a few staggering teachers she could hide from. Being in the castle all summer for two years really helped her to notice spots in each hall to hide in.

Putting on her hoodie and lowering her head, she walked her way to the Room. She was almost there, but a turn away.

But when she peered across the hall leading directly to the room, she spotted two beefy Hogwarts students guarding the door.

She hid, mentally cursing herself. Why were they there and who were they guarding inside?

Her questions were answered when a few minutes later, Zoë heard a voice she was very much familiar with. She looked around the corner again, spotting her white-haired Slytherin friend, walking in the middle of the two boys guarding the door earlier. She ran the opposite direction, deciding she was better off returning to her room

::::::::::

Harry sighed, feeling extremely exhausted even though the day hadn't ended yet. After taking Ron to Professor Slughorn, the teacher helped him and Ron felt better.

It all went downhill from there when Slughorn offered the boys oak-matured mead as a celebratory toast. Ron drank it at soon as he got it and immediately fell to the ground, foam coming out of his mouth. With Slughorn being of no help, Harry ran quickly to the potions kit, spotting the Bezoars and placing one in Ron's mouth. Ron was alive but just unconscious.

Both Harry and Slughorn took Ron to the hospital wing, where he was quickly taken care of.

Harry was now just walking through the halls to find the others to notify them about what happened to Ron. Looking up, he saw a girl in a white hoodie running through the halls. The girl looked up, and Harry instantly knew who it was.

"Zoë?"

--------------------

***When I write these chapters, I always having my HBP book in hand to help me through the chapters. When going through chapter 18 (which is where this story is based off the HBP book), I came to realize how far off movie Harry is from book Harry. Just compare those scenes when Ron is under the love potion and you will experience two different Harrys'. It just felt weird since I have the impression of movie Harry in a mind, so seeing Harry acting that way again really took me off.

Another thing, would you guys like a Q & A? If you do leave some questions in the comments here and the next update will be the Q & A. If you don't want one, don't comment a question. Simple as that. Anyways, bye!***