Chapter 10 - Fluff, flames and fiery games

Hello lovely people, 

Someone saved this story to a reading list today. Thank you to that person honestly made my day. So here is an entire chapter of Sabriel for you!!!

Gabriel:

He and Sam were out on the road again the next morning. They were headed for the capital of Earos, Sam said that his father would be able to help their situation and he would know what to do. Gabriel was a little apprehensive about entering Earos, he hadn't had the warmest of welcomes last time, but unfortunately for him he would follow the young Winchester off a cliff and so he was stuck hearing to the capital of Earos. But Gabriel didn't want their adventure to end, he was loathed to admit that he had fallen head over heels in love with Sam and still didn't know whether to use this love potion of Rowena's.

They had been on the road or rather wandering around a forest for a good few days before he decided he might use the potion. One of the things that both he and Sam lacked was a map and as it turned out Gabriel had an awful sense of direction. Often by sunset they realised that they had been going the complete wrong way for six or seven hours. Either way this meant that they had yet to meet the mountain range and as such the border to Earos. Gabriel could tell that this was putting Sam on edge and hoped that this endless journey of theirs might make some progress in the coming days. Gabriel was going to use the potion in Sam's soup that evening but decided against it because of Sam's foul mood and so he shoved the bottle back in the top of their bag.

"Yo gabe what's this," Sam said holding up something bottle shaped. Gabriel wasn't paying much attention and couldn't really tell what it was in the dim light of the fire and so he shrugged. What he didn't notice was that Sam Winchester being Sam Winchester decided that the best way to test the substance was to consume some.

"I don't know either but it tastes great," Sam praised from the other side of the fire. "Probably Rowena or something. Thank the gods for her right." Gabriel nodded and then it dawned on him, just as Sam drank half the bottle.

Sam:

Across the fire pit Sam vaguely saw Gabriels head jolt as he began to drink the rouge liquid, he assumed was some kind of elixir meant to help you heal or give you energy or something. Either way Sam felt great, the drink seemed to give him confidence. He stopped drinking however when Gabriel let out a high pitched shriek. Gabriel had fallen into the fire somehow and his very beautiful hair was catching alight. Sam scrambled to grab him up and out of the flames, he surprised himself and Gabriel by his ability to lift the man a foot in the air. He didn't waste time getting Gabriel down to the river to soothe his burns and put out any small fires on his angeli friend.

When Gabriel was in the water he relaxed a little before getting in too. Sam held Gabriel close to him and attempted to calm him down. Gabriel was still hyperventilating and was holding onto Sm with a death grip that Sam was sure would break his fingers. Once Gabriel calmed down enough to relax in Sam's grip Sam went about washing him so that he wasn't covered in soot and his burns wouldn't get infected.

What was weird to Sam was that he suddenly had an overwhelming urge to kiss Gabriel. Not that that was unusual, for the last few days it was something that he had to suppress. However this time was different, Sam didn't know if it was his confidence drink or maybe it was his need to care for Gabriel in his injured state. Either way he began to lean in. Even in his half comatose state Gabriel seemed to realise what he was doing. The injured man put his hand up to meet Sams mouth and push it away.

"No Sam. You aren't yourself." Was all Gabriel gave as explanation. Sam looked at him puzzled. Of course he was himself, he was Sam and he for sure knew that he wasn't someone else. Also he felt fine, Gabriel was the injured one not him. Sam out it down to the injuries and went about getting Gabriel dry and dressed as best he could without invading Gabriel's privacy too much.

This was hard when he discovered how adorable Gabriel looked in his spare clothes.

Azazel:

Fucking Lucifer. Had to realise that he wanted power too and was simply using him to gain access to resources. He had been stumbling down the edge of the mountain range for a few days now and he was fairly sure that he would reach a settlement or something soon. Give them his sad story and hopefully get word to the king and consort about their son. He hoped that if he spun it right then people would ignore his part in the events.

He was badly wounded, lucifer had a wicked temper and Azazel knew just how far he would go now. Lucifer was bound to kill him without the drama and flash of torture if he found him alive and so Azazel had headed south to bring down the crown prince and perhaps continue his scheme. He was pondering how to do this when he heard a terrified shriek.

Following the sound Azazel came to a clearing. He instantly recognised Gabriel Nightingale as he was picked up by none other than Sam Winchester. Azazel thought this moment was bittersweet. Gabriel had one of the brightest souls ever seen. Omegas tended to. But on top of that Gabriel had the power that came with being one of the royal family. However Azazel had to get past Sam Winchester, who was strong and unyielding. In order for Azazel to drain Gabriel he needed to get him alone. He could not take on Sam Winchester with his injuries.

Two chapters in a week is good for me ill try and get another up before going back to school! Hope you like! Comment, vote etc. 

Ex