33

I sighed as my back met the cool leather of my office chair

I left for the breakfast meeting scheduled with Roman before nine.

I had phoned Alberto letting him know that I was leaving and told him to get the surveillance going.

Ariel wasn't up by then and leaving the house like that would be a worry to me.

So far, Blaire wasn't involved in the watch duties. Yet.

Roman says she needs some days to be prepared.

I don't question him.

"Come in." I said closing my eyes as my head rested on the backrest of the chair, upon hearing a knock in the door.

Alexander Richardson stepped inside, dressed in an official outfit, that was mandatory for the desk work, that he was doing in the office.

"Morning Angelo." He grinned at me walking toward my desk, two plastic cover files on his hand as he covered the distance between the pair of us.

"Hey man." He greeted when I failed to respond to his good morning.

Or Morning.

"Hey, so, I went over these files like you told me to-"

I raise a hand to quite him.

Getting the gesture he settles down his excitement.

Believe me when I say, I didn't see anybody look as half excited as he, given the chance to do a desk job.

Roman came pretty close, but he was always in his ogre mode, so it doesn't count.

While myself would like to play football or any kind of outside activity, Roman wanted to sit in his God forbidden room reading.

A desk job agreed with him, but he was never excited for a desk job.

"Buongiorno, Alex." I said sitting up straight.

"Uh- good morning." He smiled, in greeting.

"That's better." I said, lacing my fingers over the table top.

"While you're working here, I would like for you to work like everybody in this building does." I cleared.

"Yeah sure, let me-"

"I am not finished." I say.

"Do not interrupt me while I am talking, while you're working under my company, I am your boss." I say.

"You address me like I am your boss, you do not say morning, you wish a good morning, it's not just on my case, it's on everybody's case, alright?"

"Yes, sir." He replies.

"This is not America and this is not your father's company." I continue.

"You act like it, you are here to learn to make sure you don't leave a dent in your learning. Are we clear?" I ask the younger man.