17

Ariel looked gorgeous tonight

Beyond gorgeous.

The tight dress fit her curves like a second skin, she painted her succulent lips the darkest shade of red, the fiery anger in her eyes added to her beauty, even if not more.

Her heels clicked along the floor of the club as she walked toward the office with me following behind her though the stairs.

Her shapely hips moving with each step she took, her heels adding to the volume.

Her hands were occupied with the purse she carried, as she waited patiently for me to open the office door using my card.

Pushing the door open, I stepped into the empty room.

It smelled heavily of nicotine and whiskey blend.

A result of mine, Roman and Anne's private meeting the hour prior.

Ariel places her bag in the desk tracing a finger over the wooden surface.

"You left early, this morning." She accuses.

I did.

I had to personally pick up some shipments from the marina.

And there was diamonds worth of a million dollars missing.

"And you've been here ever since." She adds keeping her tone same as before.

Docile yet accusatory.

Soft yet angry. Blaming me.

"What do you mean?" I ask rounding the table, taking a seat on my chair, pouring Dalmore from a decanter to my glass.

"Why have you been here, Angelo?" She asks her face rose up so her eyes met mine.

Anger, fury, pain swirling in her baby brown orbs.

"I am here for the same reason I am here everyday." I reply as a matter of fact. "Business."

"Don't twist your words." She warns.

Genuinely sometimes, I do not understand this woman.

She never used to be this way. This much doubtful.

This much insecure

This much scared.

The Ariel I knew didn't give two fucks about what anybody did till she had her fix and her life was in order.

The Ariel I knew was confident, the Ariel that danced her way sensually in to my life was a fire, refusing to be extinguished.

She was crazy, she was fiery.

She was fire. She burned everything in her awake.

Anybody who had a taste of her couldn't help but come back for more.