39

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello y'all. I reckon, last chapter was almost the whole bit smut and all but, a little more nudge of encouragement would have been nice, I suppose.

Anyways. I just keep asking. Never mind me, I mean- yeah. Whatever.

Bubbles slept calmly beside me

Her petite frame curled up against mine, head resting on the crook of my my neck as my hand moved absentmindedly, playing with the curly strands of her hair.

Ariel was a restless sleeper. A light one as well.

One little pin drop and the woman would be up and awake, running about the house like a mad woman that she was.

I sigh. Taking care of Ariel, to nurture her back to her old self was appearing to be tough and slow progress.

The therapy was somewhat helping, I couldn't tell.

She refuses to talk to me about therapy.

And to say the fact provokes me to my core would be putting it, rather, mildly.

But I was ready to do just about anything for her.

As of tonight, we were back inside the safe heaven that was our home, surrounded by guards in arm.

The two days visit to Positano was precisely what we required at this point.

It was precisely what I required to get my bearings working.

And, in about a minute, I had to get up.

In about a minute the bliss that the days prior to tonight was, about to be broken by the cruel slash of the sword that was the real world.

That was our reality.

In about some minutes more, I won't be the man having a good time with his woman, walking around a small town, tasting fancy wine or dining at a local restaurant.

No. In about a minute I had to leave the warmth of my woman, the sweet tone of her perfume, the softness of her body and suit up for the night.

After all, alongside my brother, I had a family to command.

Watching the clock strike to twelve slowly, I sighed adjusting the toy Ariel slept with so she didn't realise my absence from her abode.