10

I stood before the kitchen counter, reading out he the recipe for the second time, re-reading the process before turning to the stove and beginning my cooking

Vegetable Antipasto plate with an eggplant dip sauce, stuffed shells with marinara with turkey meatballs cooked along with it and piadina with Tortellini soup.

"Hey Bertie." I smiled looking at the man who was sitting in the living room sofa on his phone.

"Sí, signora?" He asked swiftly walking over to the kitchen.

"Can you get on the phone with Capo Bestone and kindly inform him that I am making dinner?" I smile.

"Signora, I don't think he'll be coming over to the penthouse-"

"Call him." I gently order. "Tell him, I am making dinner. I'll be done in fifteen minutes."

Bertie sighed and tapped his phone. "I'll get him on the call, signora."

I nodded. "Will you be staying for dinner."

"If Capo Bestone comes over, I'll leave you alone." The man smiled tight lipped.

"Then I'll pack you dinner." I smiled.

I think I catch a hint of smile on the stern man's face but it quickly disappears as he walks back to the living room.

I finish the bread and keep the rest plated dishes in the oven to keep it warm and put Bertie's share on a plastic container so he can carry it home or wherever he stays.

"I could get used to this." I hear Angelo's voice. Turning, I see his well built form leaning against the kitchen pillar. "You look good."

"Why, thank you, Capo Bestone." I purse my lips. "Would you like to eat first or freshen up?"

"I'd shower." He says. "Alberto is dismissed for the night."

"Well that's lovely." I say. "I packed him food."

After Angelo retrieves to the shower, I give Bertie a goodbye wave and hand him his food container and tell him to buy some hood wine on the way home.

Meanwhile, I set up the table with placemats, silverware, bring out a bottle of dry white from the fridge and place two wine glasses along with water on the table, finally taking off my apron and placing it on the counter, pulling my hair out of the clip and shaking my small mane.

Angelo joins in when I am pulling out the already set up plates from the oven.

"Smells heavenly." He says pausing on the way to his chair to grab my chin, tilt my face back to seal a owning kiss on my mouth. "Makes me hungry."

I roll my eyes mentally.

Blaire owes me. Big fucking time, she does.

Angelo was dressed in a fitted grey T-shirt, cotton white pajama and the towel he used to dry his hair hanging from his neck.