51

The train ride from Florence back to Naples was an emotional one for me

Belle's crying face would made its way back to me in my head. The little girl was distraught and angry that I had to leave.

Her sadness centering to me. Anger thrown at Angelo thinking he was the bad guy all over.

I hated to leave her too. The last three days with Belle has been heaven. Even mama and papa seemed to be okay with me and Belle too.

Belle and I, went to the beach, attended Belle's piano class, walked through the small play park buying her every sugar item I could find much to mama's dismay and dad's wincing after he heard why couldn't we eat dinner after our walks. We shopped from kids and mom stores getting a number of matching outfit and crazy hair accessory and sporting them every time we stepped out of the house. Even for walks to the small stores where they sold used goods or just random local items.

Accompanying us Angelo seemed mortified while paying bills at the stores and to the cotton candy and doughnut and sweet vendor.

But then again, all the happy faces lead back to the crying one during departure. No amount of I will visit you soon made the little woman stop bawling her eyes out. No amount of don't crys made her sobs subside.

It was late, already past dinner time, when the train stopped at the Napoli station. And since then the car ride was making my head hurt. A steady pump of ache that dominated my whole demeanor.

"Where are you lost? Angelo asks pushing a strand of my hair behind my ears.

"Just thinking." I mumble. My head resting on his shoulder, the car cruising through the streets of Napoli smoothly. Driving us to our destination.

"About the brat princess?" The man beside me jokes. "God, how I am glad to save my tail from her."

"You're rude." I mumble at his insensitive joke toward my little sister making him chuckle.

"I miss the creature too." He says, his hand that was around my shoulders rubbing gently. "It's been- fun getting to know her."

"I know." I say. "I'm going to miss her too much."

"Hmm."

"It's surprising how in such a short time, she blended herself with me." I add.

"Indeed." Angelo replies. "She's a very much mini you."

"I wasn't like Belle growing up." I disclose.

"You weren't?"

"No." I sigh. "I was really quiet. Kept to myself. Not loud not bossing everyone around-"

"I like Belle's attempt to boss everyone about." Angelo laughs. "Poor thing her rabbits are"

"Rude." I complain, nuzzling my face to his neck. "I'm so tired."