42

The club was outrageously loud

I have no idea when the loudness became new to me, since loudness is all I craved up until some short time ago.

I greeted Roman with a side hug asking him about his sprained foot before both the man disappeared into the quietness of their office room.

Two burly men, dressed in suits on either side of the door letting the whole building know, the room was off limits.

"Come on, come on, turn." Blaire mused excitedly making me turn for the second time she saw me.

Giggling, I gave her a show, letting the short skirt of my dress flare and shake.

"Look at that booty, mama." She whistled giving my rare a smack. "You be looking like a real meal."

"Damn, Devil-o is in for a treat." She added nodding her head, suggestively. "A good meal he be getting tonight, huh?"

I brushed her off, taking my seat back on the club chair as Blaire sat opposite from me, her little black dress, exposing her pale long legs. Her feet clad with matching red bottom stilettos, bringing out the blue in her eyes.

"I can say the same." I say, wiggling my eyebrow.

Pouting Blaire shoves me playfully. "Don't say that."

"No?"

"I'm sensitive, you know?"

I giggle making Blaire lough out loud as well, making us fall in a fit of laughter.

"So, do you have any idea what Roman wants to talk to Devil-o about?" Blaire asks, her never ending curiosity getting the best of her like always.

"No." I shake my head. "I had asked, I don't think Angelo knows either."

Blaire shrugs, picking up the glass if whiskey discarded by Angelo and taking a sip. "Maybe it's about their macaroni business?"

"They don't have a macaroni businesses." I laugh.

"You know what I mean Bubbles." She says downing the drink in another go. "Let's go down. I want to dance."

Well, as a matter of fact, I want to dance too.

But the glares and silent admonishes I have been getting since after lunch almost made my mood sour.

I suppose, iron deficiency doesn't mean I have to eat and sleep always. However, the forgetting of the supplement doses was nothing but mistake.

"Let's." I agree with my best friend, standing up, followed by her, feeling myself sway slightly as I balance my frame on the heels I was wearing.

Oblivious, Blaire walks ahead, powerfully carrying herself down the stairs while I take a second to balance myself, fingers around the steel railing as I too put on some confidence, ignoring the slight red flashes in my head.