21

Ariel made stuffed peppers and Pappardelle with mushrooms for lunch

I asked if she wanted to sit inside or outside for lunch while watching my woman move around the kitchen humming a tune.

A tune she likely dances classical ballet to.

"Outside?" She as if questioned. Her voice soft and timid.

So I picked out a bottle of chilled Chardonnay to go with our lunch under the peach tree of our new garden.

Ariel got the plates containing, home made food, a small smile resting on her lips, as she placed the ceramic on the table, one for me, the other for her and made a detour to get the rest of the food, in case a second serving was needed.

Pouring wine to both our glasses, I momentarily transport back to last night.

To say I was scared, would be putting it very mildly.

I grew up, trained to kill on sight, upon sensing danger.

I've never been as petrified of human guts as I was last night watching Ariel trying claw her flesh out from inside if her skin.

It- pained me to see her that way.

Her cries, her helpless screams and traumatized pleas drove me to a place full of guilt.

As I held her trembling, shuddering unconscious form on the bedroom floor, I couldn't help but feel like a man who failed the women he ever felt anything about.

Ariel, wasn't healthy mentally.

She hasn't been healthy for quite a while.

And the lack of her mental and self gratification was showing at intervals.

She needed a change.

She needed a lot of things to be changed around her.

She needed care.

And a lot more then she'd ever agree for.

She needed to take care of herself in ways that she only could.

Just in the same way she needed some body to care for her.

She passed some of the hardest moments of her life alone.

As far as I knew Ariel was always a lone army, always on her own, and it was about time her despondency took a toll on her.

After all, there is only so much a person can take.

Not everybody is built to ignore and move on.

Sometimes- most of the time the moments of pain come back and often, one looses oneself in it so entirely that consciousness fades away and darkness becomes their only company.

I wouldn't want that for Ariel.

The faster she gets better, the faster she heals emotionally and mentally, the better for her and for us.