19

I wore a dust pink slip dress for the dinner with Alyssa

Angelo assured me, Alberto had Coco for the night.

I feel as if the man set to be my security turned into my doggie sitter.

The car halted in front of a small villa, with a fountain as the center piece of the exterior.

The house had separate space for car parks on the right but they were closed, so Angelo killed the engine of the white Porsche on the driveway.

It had cherry leather interior and equally luxurious in feeling as it looked.

"Wait." He ordered when my hand reached toward the door handle.

I looked at the man, sporting a steel grey three piece suit with a white shirt.

"You're missing something." He said as a mater or fact.

"What?" I asked with a frown forming between my eyebrows.

I knew I wasn't carrying a purse because there was no point so I knew I wasn't missing anything.

"I am not missing anything." I said with a smile lingering on the corner of my lips.

"You are." He said with a slight nod of his head hand palming the inside of his suit jacket pocket.

From inside he pulled out a string of stones and handed it to me.

Tiny pink in color diamonds sat side by side to make a string with a white gold base.

"I missed your birthday." He stated. "I hope it makes up."

I heard pink diamonds were rare and expensive.

"Angelo-" I say with a sigh.

He needn't do this. I thought

"Let me put it on you." He offered holding out his hand for the necklace.

I placed it on his palm and turned to give him access.

He put the hook fairly quick and the string of diamonds graced my neck like a choker.

"It's beautiful." I said running my finger tips around the diamond strip on my neck.

"I know." He says placing a kiss on my temple before he exists the car and opens the door for me to get out, with his hand held put for me to take.

A maid awaits us dressed in a formal black dress and shows us in, where Alyssa was waiting by the sitting room of the nineteen century villa house, insides as rustic.

Newly refurbished but still holding that vibe.

"Angelo." She hugged her son who hugged his mother back, before pulling away and cupping her cheeks and asking if she was okay.