Epilogue (part two)

continued from previous part

ARIEL'S POV

Around late afternoon I had placed Icarus on his makeshift bed on the living room floor on a cushion mattress and a plastic sheet underneath a cotton sheet, while massigng my feet with a warm massage oil. Coco and Poods were very fond of our newest addition to the family away well.

While Poods was playful around baby Icarus, Coco kept watching him with wonder and utter care. Occasionally pushing Poods away from Icarus when he was dozing off to a slumber.

Life was where I wanted it to be. We still lived in the house where Angelo had abruptly brought me in, one day. We still shared the same bed we used to three years ago.

It was then a knock on the door startled me. But then the door opened revealing Alyssa. She was still the very raident woman I had met. Just as charming as she was.

"Hello mama." She chriped walking in. Her hands carrying two Prada bags and another bag of Agent Provocateur.

"Hello, mama!" I grinned back at the older woman pushing my feet down. "How are you?"

"I'm fantastic!" She chriped holding up a finger. "Also I'm the happiest because it's our fist sleepover~"

"Sleepover?" I frown.

God! Sleepover? God! I haven't cleaned the guestrooms or haven't turned down the sheets of the beds and-

"Sí. Sí." Alyssa nodded. "Lorenzo will be here with dinner, later. But that's none of your business."

I frown.

"Your business is to go and get ready for a date night." She thursted the bags at me.

"Date night?" I frown.

Alyssa completely ignores me. "And because I'm such a good mother-in-law, I also matched you a set from your favourite lingerie- and a few more if you will, but that doesn't matter. I've also got you cold wax strips, so go on wax your bits and get ready."

"What are you on about?" I laugh.

"What I am on bout is you need to get out of those cute pajamas and don lace. Come on, babe. Up. Up. Up you get. Let me play with baby Icarus for a while!"

The dress was not so modest. With a deep V neck the satin black garment fell some inches below my knees, fitted against my body like a silky sheath, held by a thin strap of golden Cuban chain.

Said like done a number of lace were assorted in separate blush pink boxes. While I didn't assort through the most of those, I found what was supposed to be only piece of garment under the dress. A pair of almost sheer black lace.

My undies collection went from delicate sexy and taunting lace to cotton over the last year. They were however comfortable but not lace.

Lace- it spoke a different language.

Happy with my minimal makeup, red painted lips, pinned back hair body donning the black silk slip dress, paired with five inch red bottoms, after almost I year, I felt as if the old Ariel stared back at me from the other side of the mirror.