30

Ariel fell asleep early being tired and exhausted from our lascivious activities of the evening

The woman could barley stay awake to eat and take her pills before slumping back to the bed, fast asleep.

It was good, in a way.

I wouldn't want her up and awake while my paranoia got the best of me.

"Capo Bestone?" Eli's voice came through the ear piece of my cell phone.

"Eli, I suppose you are ready."

"Sí, boss." The man said. "We're outside, the camera's are almost in their place."

"Good job." I said. "What about the tracing results?"

I looked at the darkened sky of Napoli, while Ariel slept on our bed, soundless.

Exceptionally gloom and dark tonight.

We might get a rain in the morning, if unlucky.

Ariel's bright yellow bird, soft toy held against her like a pillow as she slept.

Diverting my gaze from the woman who slept soundly, I focused my vision outside.

"I'd talk to you about that, rather face to face, boss." Eli said.

"I'll be out." I replied.

"Sí."

Pulling a T-shirt above my head and pairing it with jogger's, I walked out of the bedroom.

Eli was supervising the camera placed around the property.

His tall and lean form clad in an Armani suit for once out of the hideous Adidas track jacket and pants.

"Eli." I greeted.

"Capo Bestone." The man nodded handing me a manila envelope.

"These are the call records I found, the call you supervised, traced back to Umbria but the traces vanished there, I suppose it was from a disposable phone or the person has- removed the number, turned it off."

"Where in Umbria?" I asked opening the envelope.

Typical call record. Barely and incoming and out going call.

Most were to Roman's old number that now Blaire uses.

"Orvieto." Eli said with a shrug. "A cheap motel, is where my maps traced but it vanished almost as soon as I got to it."

"Who is the number registered to?"

"Couldn't find that out." He says. "Unregistered."

I nodded. "Thank you."

"I'll have someone looking for it even then." Eli said.

"I need you to do something else as well."