breaking news: is it all a publicity stunt?

Did Luke Hemmings and Josie Culley just confirm their relationship? We celebrated before suddenly asking ourselves... is this real? Here's some reasons why our favorite ship might just be a publicity stunt!

By anonymous source for Everyday Updates

Fans of 5SOS band member Luke Hemmings and Celebration! star Josie Culley have been taken on a rollercoaster this past week. There's no doubt about it. Fans had missed seeing their favs interact and were suddenly thrown some pap photos that had us all wondering what might be going on between the two. After more photos came out of our favorite duo, we started to get the picture: these two are together.

As our excitement went through the roof, some people started to point out how this might just be the biggest and best publicity stunt of the year. No one likes to hear about fake romance in the public eye—we want our favorite celebrities to be head over heels for each other, but that's not always the case.

Here are some reasons why we think Luke Hemmings and Josie Culley might be putting on this facade to gain publicity and fame:

1. The two have been dodging the question since very early in their friendship. And we're beginning to wonder—maybe it took a long time to finally decide on a story to stick with. They've said they didn't know each other until Culley's first interview, but we're starting to think they've known each other for much longer.

After Hemmings' slip-up in their Truth or Dare video together on Celebration!'s YouTube channel, it's been clear that these two didn't meet one morning in a Celebration! studio. Maybe they're hiding the beginning of their blossoming relationship, but maybe it was all a stunt in the first place. They have been perfectly feeding us slip-ups since their beginning days. Maybe their higher ups have been slowly planning for these two to come together in hopes that it'll be profitable. We immediately fell in love with their chemistry, and maybe they immediately fell in love with the attention—is chemistry always natural, or do we have two paid actors on our hands?

2. It wasn't until questions started to rise that we suddenly saw Hemmings and Culley everywhere—it really seems that someone saw the publicity wave and decided to ride it. Culley's sudden appearance in New York City seemed cute and loving, but Luke's quick turn around to fly her home seemed forced and staged. Their Instagram live stunt caught fans' attention and everyone wanted answers—they couldn't believe their eyes as they joined together to watch the two dance around confirming the obvious.

However, maybe it's not as obvious as it all seems. These two are clearly friends—they seem to care for each other and be in good graces, but how long is this actually going to last? We've seen it time and time again—two people are seen together, the crowds go wild, and the two people decide to be seen with each other a little more to keep relevance and to keep views up. But once the goal is achieved, they publicly split. Would Josie Culley be anything without Luke Hemmings? The easier answer is no. So it only makes sense that the Celebration! star is using Hemmings to keep her head afloat as Celebration! begins its transition to replace current host Patrick Velo.

3. We're still wondering who the new mystery girl is and maybe that was just another slip-up on Hemmings' part. Who knows what those two got up to that night—all we know is that we're not supposed to think they were anything more than friends. Next thing we know, photos of Culley with some mystery guy will hit the front pages. It's only a matter of time before these two reach their publicity goal and split ways—but we'll keep you updated until then.

If YOU have any information on these two, please let us know! Email us: everydayupdates@edud.com

Share or comment on this article: Did Luke Hemings and Josie Culley just confirm their relationship? We celebrated before suddenly asking ourselves... is this real? Here's some reasons why our favorite ship might just be a publicity stunt!...

Related articles:
• 5SOS drummer Ashton Irwin is seen walking the streets with his...
• Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello—why people finally believe...
• OMG!—Did you just hear that note come from Ariana's mouth?...
• Widely adored Niall Horan shows off his new purple pants...
• I don't even know who Lewis Capaldi is—but here's why you should...