"entirely coincidental"

chapter fifty-four: entirely coincidental

no luke :( so sorry.
HOLD ONTO UR HATS FOR THIS ONE THOUGH

FRIDAY NIGHT. "Is it bad that I'm glad to leave the boys out for a change?" Jenna asked as she came through my front door. She was the first to show, but I knew the other two weren't far away.

Not only was it nice to have their locations shared with me for safety purposes, but it was always such a treat to watch them make their way over. It almost filled me up with as much excitement as those Santa Tracker websites used to.

"Not in the slightest," I finally answered Jenna as I shut the door behind her. "Let me guess—Danny went over to hang out with Howie?"

"Actually, the two of them went over to Jay Goodley's place—do you remember him? We had—"

"Jay from Intro to Modern History?" I asked with furrowed brows as we made it into my living room. Jenna started to laugh as she nodded her head, taking a seat on the couch. "I didn't realize they were friends with him?"

"Danny has hung out with him maybe three times, but he's throwing a party and they thought it sounded like a good time. Sometimes I forget that people our age party every weekend... like real college students." I snickered at her last comment and she joined in.

"Jay Goodley..." I daydreamed for a second, causing Jenna's eyes to roll. "He was a good looking guy freshman year, okay! He still is, if I'm not mistaken."

"He's so basic looking," Jenna argued. "Didn't you hook up with him once?"

"I kissed him for maybe three seconds on Halloween freshman year," I corrected her. "I guess he is pretty basic looking, now that you mention it. But I did have a gigantic crush on him at the time, so he holds a special place in my heart."

"Keep it up and I'll tell Luke you said that," she warned which caused me to scoff.

"Luke knows he has no competition," I assured her, unable to keep a smile from my face as I thought about him. "I cannot believe I'm dating that man."

"I cannot believe that, all this time, your person has been a whole ass celebrity," she said through a cheap laugh. "Figures. You're too cool for some boring ass guy like Jay Goodley. Every person you've ever been with never stood a chance."

"Maybe this has nothing to do with anyone else—it just has everything to do with how picky I am," I joked, not wanting to think that there was anything the matter with anyone from my past. I had been the one to ruin things, most of the time.

My doorbell rang and a smile made it way onto my face. I told Jenna I'd be right back before going to the front door. To my surprise, both Emma and Madalyn were standing on the other side of the door, together.