"give me some of that hurt"

chapter three: give me some of that hurt

TUESDAY AFTERNOON. It was the day before classes which meant it was the last day of recording for the next two weeks at work. In preparation for my change in schedule, Emma and I had been prerecording videos for our segment.

The segment had absolutely skyrocketed and people were constantly begging for more. After our first episode—our review of the boys' new album—people became hooked. The boys were thrilled that we had incorporated them one last time, and we had been stoked to do so.

We had thought we would upload a video once a week, or possibly just every other week, but that was only until the views started to increase. Within the first week of the video being posted, we decided that we'd find a way to post at least two videos a week.

For now, it was two reviews each week, but we hoped that soon we would come up with another segment so that the content could be varied. There were only so many new things to be reviewed, and we were scared people might eventually become bored of the concept. It was working for the time being, however, so we were riding it out while the wave lasted.

We reviewed albums, makeup products, online clothing stores, and even junk food. We had plenty of ideas left, but they were becoming more specific depending on the comments we were receiving.

Today it was Harry Styles fan-made merchandise. I was in heaven.

"You know what people are going to say when we release this, don't you?" Emma asked me as the cameras were pointed toward us, and we were opening our third sweatshirt.

"What?" I asked through a laugh as I struggled to open the box.

"They'll ask us why we didn't choose 5 Seconds of Summer merch instead—battle of the fandoms." My eyes rolled playfully just before I finally got the box open. I opened it and smiled at the inside packaging.

"This is from one of the really sweet girls on Etsy," I told Emma as we both looked into the box. The sweatshirts were nicely wrapped in tissue paper and there were a couple of complimentary Harry-themed stickers, accompanied by a note from the seller. "Josie and Emma—thank you so much for being interested in reviewing my shop! It's hard to get your name out there and I'm honored that one of my sweatshirts caught your eye. I hope you enjoy your goods! All the love, as always—Missy."

"What a sweet gal," Emma cooed as she peered at the note that I was reading. I handed her one of the sweatshirts and we got to unwrapping them. "God, not a single thing we have tried today has let me down. These are so cute!"

"Look here Harry Styles," I made eye contact with the camera and Emma laughed beside me as I continued. "I know you're watching this—because who's not? We're the most famous billionaires on the planet." I couldn't even hold a straight face as I spoke sarcastically, but I continued as best I could. "So, Harry, I'm looking at you when I say that it's time to hire fans to make your merch. Your team isn't cutting it, it's time for a change." Emma began to clap and I laughed as I looked away from the camera. "Oh my gosh, did I tell you I met him?" I spoke sort of quietly, mostly because I was saying this genuinely and wasn't meaning to do so for the camera.