"you've got an effect on me"

chapter fifteen: you've got an effect on me

(if emy's reading this—thanks for the gif idea that u indirectly gave me

(if emy's reading this—thanks for the gif idea that u indirectly gave me. why haven't i been making my own gifs this whole time ??? it makes me feel alive. ALSO this chapter is shorter BUT !! it's cute n importantish)

Luke's pov

SATURDAY EVENING. After a day of walking around Times Square, popping in and out of various stores, and not minding the attention that fell upon the group of us, we all ended up back at the hotel. We all did a little shopping, but Ashton had bought Emma virtually everything she had merely laid her eyes on—Emma tried to act displeased by his spending habits, but it was also clear that she was over the moon about the few new clothing items she now had. Josie, on the other hand, had told me that I wasn't allowed to buy her anything for the next year. I told her that I'd try to make it until our second month anniversary, but wasn't exactly confident in my ability to refrain.

We had only come back to the hotel to drop off anything we had bought and to change into different clothes; Ashton had made reservations for the six of us to eat out for dinner. Calum was begging that we find a club to go out to afterward, and we did the best we could for now: we told him that we'd see how we felt by the end of dinner.

While we were out, I informed Michael and Ashton about my plan to travel with Josie back to California, and that news pleased Emma immensely. She admitted that she had been feeling crummy about leaving Josie to fly alone, so she was glad that there was a plan in place to have me accompany her. I agreed that I was very glad that the plan had come together. I was ecstatic about going back with Josie. Of course, my main priority was making sure she was safe and felt comfortable, but I couldn't help that my attention was falling on the fact that I'd get an extra day with her. Having Josie here had been so nice and all I wished was that she could be here longer. I hated being away from her. 

Josie had bought another dress for herself, despite my effort to try and pay for it, so she had busied herself with changing into that while I laid down on the bed. I was scouring the internet for any sign of us being sighted. It only took me a couple of minutes to hit the jackpot—pictures of the two of us from last night were all over Twitter, and more were coming in from this afternoon. I glanced at Josie, wondering if I should tell her now or discuss it later. I looked back at my phone and decided to look through what people were saying, wanting to see the reactions from fans.

"Lu, can you do me up?" I broke my eyes away from the screen in my hands, meeting Josie's as I smiled. I nodded and motioned her over by tossing my head to the side. As she walked over to me, I looked her up and down, getting a feel for the dress she had slipped into. It was a rose color and it was fitted to her curves; all I knew was that she looked amazing. She turned her back to me once she got to me and my eyebrows furrowed.