"tender loving care"

chapter sixty: tender loving care

disclaimer: i just KNOW this chapter has so much fucked up writing tense stuff so pls bare w/ me

disclaimer: i just KNOW this chapter has so much fucked up writing tense stuff so pls bare w/ me. i am incapable of editing rn but will fix it at some point... maybe <3 ALSO do u guys like reading in present tense more??? am i weird for writing in past tense??? ok survey segment done. u can enjoy the chapter now

FRIDAY MORNING. My eyes slowly fluttered open. Light seemed to surround me from every angle and my eyebrows knitted together as I brought my hands up to my face to rub the sleep from my eyes. I instantly began to stretch out my back as a yawn escaped my lips, and once I had concluded my stretch, I felt uninspired to actually wake up. Instead of combatting the thought of staying in bed, I rolled onto my side and reached out my arm. It immediately ran itself into something and I smiled as I did my best to blindly drape my arm over Luke's chest. I heard a quiet laugh escape his lips and the sound caused my heart to flutter; I peeked through my squinted eyes to see Luke staring down at me, and it seemed as though he had been doing so for a while. 

"D'you have a staring problem?" I joked with him. Luke instantly let out a hearty laugh at my grumpy tone and he didn't hesitate to tackle me in a hug. I laughed at his action and played ragdoll as I succumbed to his hold on me. He started to leave a thousand kisses on my head and I let out a breathy laugh as I buried my face in his chest.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked me as his kissing ceased and he started to play with my hair instead.

"Like a rock," I told him through a laugh. I couldn't remember the last time I slept so well; my craving to go back to sleep wasn't like usual. Instead of feeling like I needed at least three more hours of sleep to function, I just craved the comfort of being beside Luke like this forever. It had nothing to do with feeling as though I needed more sleep. "The longer you're away, the more I realize my good sleep never had anything to do with that damn bed... it was just you."

"Oh, that must have been such a disgusting discovery for you," Luke joked with me after hearing my disclosure as if it had been a nuisance to realize I slept best when he was with me. I nodded my head at his words and he scoffed before planting another kiss on my head.

"How long have you been up?" I asked as I raised my head so that I could look at him. I propped myself up on my elbow and failed to hold back a smile as Luke caressed my cheek.

"Almost an hour, probably," he told me. He was also failing at holding back a smile. "I was on my phone for a while, but your cuteness kept distracting me."

"Is that right?" I asked him. He nodded before reaching forward and kissing me softly.

"You were doing that cute nose scrunch thing you always do... so I knew you'd be waking up soon," he told me. I could hardly grasp how well he knew me; I wouldn't even expect my mom to know what I do when I'm about to wake up, so to think Luke had studied me well enough to know caused butterflies to swarm my stomach. "I've missed waking up to you."